Neverfull MM Practicality

oggers86

Dec 7, 2008
I am debating buying myself a Neverfull MM as an everyday bag to give my Balenciaga City a break. Just wanted to ask a few questions before I decide:

1. How is the size and weight compared to an empty City?

2. Do the straps really dig in when the bag is full of everyday items? (Nothing particularly heavy)

3. Is it a practical travel bag? I am looking for something suitable to take to Singapore GP and Bali. I am considering a zip up purse organiser for extra security.

4. Are the prices for LV set to increase in 2013 and if so, does anybody know when?

Thanks in advance :smile:

I have the NF MM in DA, so I will try to answer you:

2. Yes, they cut my shoulder when I put something a little heavier (like a dslr camera or an iPad). But I carry little with me and it is very comfortable that way.

3. I think it is very practial, light bag with a lot of free space. But, the GM size may be better for travel

4. The price increase (in Europe) was in Oct this year so I think the next price increase is not going to be that soon.

I used to own the Mono and DE MM but I don't currently own either. The Neverfull MM is a great travel bag! It holds a ton. My straps never bothered me unless I had something very heavy like my laptop in it. The straps, however, and not as comfy as flat straps like the Totally for example.

I don't own any Bal bags so can't help you there. I can tell you Neverfull is VERY lightweight before adding items.

I heard there will be an increase in the US in 2013 but don't know when. I think it will be soon unfortunately.

I have the NF MM in DA, so I will try to answer you:

2. Yes, they cut my shoulder when I put something a little heavier (like a dslr camera or an iPad). But I carry little with me and it is very comfortable that way.

I only carry my regular Ipod and small digital camera so that should be fine.

3. I think it is very practial, light bag with a lot of free space. But, the GM size may be better for travel

I am thinking the MM would be ok because when I fky I take a little wheely suitcase with my handbag in it so that I can shove all sorts in. My handbag contains the necessary items (purses, passports and tickets)

4. The price increase (in Europe) was in Oct this year so I think the next price increase is not going to be that soon.

I googled price increase and I came across April for Europe but not sure how true that is.

I used to own the Mono and DE MM but I don't currently own either. The Neverfull MM is a great travel bag! It holds a ton. My straps never bothered me unless I had something very heavy like my laptop in it. The straps, however, and not as comfy as flat straps like the Totally for example.

It would be unusual for me to be carrying anything as heavy as a laptop, the heaviest thing would probably be a small bottle of water.

I don't own any Bal bags so can't help you there. I can tell you Neverfull is VERY lightweight before adding items.

I own a Speedy 25 which is light enough and big enough for everyday use but it isnt practical for travel as it is too small, difficult to get in and out of and is handheld. If the Neverfull is of the same weight then that should be fine.

I heard there will be an increase in the US in 2013 but don't know when. I think it will be soon unfortunately.

I am in the UK so the price increase may be at a different time.

I am not in any rush to get one, need to let go of a couple of things first to raise the money but I definitely need to get one before the price increases. Will hopefully go and try one in the shop but may have to buy online...

Thanks for your help, any more feedback welcome :smile:

Bali is a gorgeous island! A neverfull is definitely better than a city when you travel to singapore and bali. Especially if your city is in giant hardware cause it will weigh more plus singapore and indonesia are pretty warm and humid so i wouldnt recommend bringing leather bags especially during the rainy or monsoon season. Plus i can imagine how functional neverfull is as a shopping tote as well as a beach bag. I agree however that gm size is probably better but if you arent bringing a lot with you then the mm will do fine.
The straps will dig just a lil bit but they arent uncomfortable. I know coz i have the gm and always stuff it full. The mm size is wider and taller than a city. Im not sure about price increase but im sure there will be one next year.

BDgirl said:
Bali is a gorgeous island! A neverfull is definitely better than a city when you travel to singapore and bali. Especially if your city is in giant hardware cause it will weigh more plus singapore and indonesia are pretty warm and humid so i wouldnt recommend bringing leather bags especially during the rainy or monsoon season. Plus i can imagine how functional neverfull is as a shopping tote as well as a beach bag. I agree however that gm size is probably better but if you arent bringing a lot with you then the mm will do fine.
The straps will dig just a lil bit but they arent uncomfortable. I know coz i have the gm and always stuff it full. The mm size is wider and taller than a city. Im not sure about price increase but im sure there will be one next year.

Thats kind of what i was thinking too. LV seems more robust that Balenciaga so perfect for lugging around. Then i just need a non designer black clutch for evening and a cheap beach bag for throwing around.