Paddington Hobo Padlock question....

Wow, what a bargain! :nuts:

I love that green - what a stunning colour (is that the colour you got?).

The silver lock is supposed to be scratched up and vintage looking. :yes:

If you have any doubts, you could always take some pics of these details and post them in the Authenticate This Chloe thread in the Chloe Shopping sub-forum:

1. Close-up of the underside of the padlock (the 'tree' section), taken at such an angle that you can see which side is the front (the side with the 'Chloe' logo) and which side is the back of the padlock.

2. Close-up of the 'Chloe' heat stamp on the padlock.

3. Close-up of the 'Chloe MADE IN ITALY' heat stamp inside the bag.

4. Close-up of the serial tab.

5. Close-up of the leather grain.

6. Close-up of the buckles (showing the 'Chloe' logo).

7. Close up of the key (showing the 'Chloe' logo).

8. Close-up of any logo on the underside of the zipper.

Hope that helps! :biggrin:

^I know thats what I was thinking. I actually bought 2 at first. The other one was a black Silverado large tote size purse rounded at the top with 2 pockets front and back, but I decided to return it ( can't find a pic online). They also had a brown Silverado med messanger style purse. Apparantly they had a bunch more Chloes, but they sold out.

The color I have looks very much like the color of the top purse:

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/stor...0cat000002cat000008cat249302cat70001cat233000

If you have any doubts, you could always take some pics of these details and post them in the Authenticate This Chloe thread in the Chloe Shopping sub-forum:

1. Close-up of the underside of the padlock (the 'tree' section), taken at such an angle that you can see which side is the front (the side with the 'Chloe' logo) and which side is the back of the padlock.

Thanks!!

No I didn't get the green, mine is more of a grey color. Thanks for the help. Im going to try and take pics tomorrow of the purse and post them tomorrow.

Jessjoy firstly what an amazing buy! I've been trying to get that style for ages!!! Well done you. The silver padlock is meant to be like that. I have been in a store and they have brought one out from the back, still wrapped, boxed etc and they take it out to show me and it is exactly like that from the start.

Just enjoy your fab bag and fab find

^I know thats what I was thinking. I actually bought 2 at first. The other one was a black Silverado large tote size purse rounded at the top with 2 pockets front and back, but I decided to return it ( can't find a pic online). They also had a brown Silverado med messanger style purse. Apparantly they had a bunch more Chloes, but they sold out.

The color I have looks very much like the color of the top purse:

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/stor...0cat000002cat000008cat249302cat70001cat233000

Beautiful! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Congrats! :biggrin:

It has a silver padlock and the lock looks unsmooth, scratch,worn. Totally different from the brass locks. Is this how the lock is suppose to look?

All the authentic Paddys with silver locks I've seen in department stores have had that "used" look to the lock. Kind of mottled, not smooth like the brass ones.

Could you please tell me if the matte brass finish wears over a period of time and the shiny brass shows through. I have used it for a couple of years. Please help.