Is this fixable? My Totally GM is sick :(

zh123

Sep 26, 2012
I got my Totally GM sometimes in April but I seldom used it. Then when I started using it daily (in July) this happened :sad: Is this fixable? I did call LV Singapore to ask and the lady said they need to see it first. My country does not have an LV Store and I'm only going to go to Singapore sometime at the end of October. I'm gonna be frustrated if it can't be fixed! Has anyone ever had this problem and is it fixable? :cry::cry::cry:

And fyi when I first got the bag I have already realized that the particular thread was not stitched close enough to the strap and looked that it would be easily broken, but I shrugged it off thinking that it's LV it won't be a problem... but finally it did break :cry:.. I couldn't send it back for an exchange that time as I was already back to my country.. So what do you think? Appreciate your reply!

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 752
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 745
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 742
I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this because I know that it can definitely be very frustrating, but it definitely looks fixable to me. I would imagine that the worst case scenario would be that they would have to replace the handles, but I'm not even sure whether or not that's necessary.

Good luck! I know that your Totally will be feeling much better soon.

I'm pretty sure they can fix anything that isn't canvas related. I wouldn't be worried about it :smile: it's just awful that it broke :sad:

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this because I know that it can definitely be very frustrating, but it definitely looks fixable to me. I would imagine that the worst case scenario would be that they would have to replace the handles, but I'm not even sure whether or not that's necessary.

Good luck! I know that your Totally will be feeling much better soon.

Yes, you can take it back to the store and they will send it for restitching. It should be at no cost to you. It can take 4-6 weeks though.

Thanks thanks thanks! That's good to hear! Can't wait to get it fixed :biggrin:

sent my bag in for a repair and another tragic thing happened! but it's my own fault and not related to the repair.

so i packed my Totally GM in my luggage to fly off to Singapore, and when I arrived I brought my Totally to the store and when I opened the bag there's some stains on the straps and lining! kinda like water mark.. so i smelled the strap and the bag and it was fragranced, then i realised it was the smell of my makeup remover oil!!! :wtf::wtf::wtf: apparently the cap of my makeup remover oil was loose so it spilled inside my luggage and also on my Totally! :wtf::wtf: :hysteric::hysteric: i didn't ask to replace the strap though coz I feel it's too soon (the bag's only 6 months old) but I am however heartbroken over my carelessness when packing the bag. :crybaby:

On another note, the stitching will take 4 weeks and costs SGD$47 for repair of less than 5cm. And I guess when it comes back it'll be my daily workhorse bag, no more baby-ing since there's stains and stuff :smile:

That's good you're getting it fixed! I had a similar issue with my Eva and I had exchanged it for a different one the following week. Luckily I did or else it would have ended up like your totally and I would have forked up more $$$. They should have fixed it for free for you!