Fold Over Wallet - Where have you been all my life?

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
The Maroon fold over wallet arrived yesterday. Everything fold over wallet owners have said is all true. It is a wonderfully practical and beautiful style. I cannot find one single drawback.

It fits everything that a zip around fits and even a little more. Each slot is roomy enough to hold 2 cards. With so many wallet choices out there, this one can be overlooked. But if anyone is in the market for a wallet, you will not be disappointed with a fold over style.

Here she is:

Attachments

• foldoverwalmarcrow.jpg
    foldoverwalmarcrow.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,300
  • foldoverwalmaropen.jpg
    foldoverwalmaropen.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,330
  • foldoverwalmar.jpg
    foldoverwalmar.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,235
congratulations jburgh- i just got the fold over wallet in indigo. the maroon is just gorgeous. i am not sure i would have chosen indigo if i knew maroon was available. i had had a black one years ago and sent it off to a new home but the style still called to me and i am just loving it.
enjoy your new wallet and thanks for the picture-

That's very pretty, jburgh. I have been a fan of this wallet after I saw it at Malleries. I think it'd be good to put my Droid phone in one of the zip compartments. Great choice :smile:

Gorgeous color & lovely style, jburgh! If I ever move to a full size wallet, that's the one I'd buy!! Thanks for the great pictures :smile:

You won't be sorry!

I love that wallet
the color is stunning
isn't it the best wallet
so roomy :dothewave::ps:

Yes, I am so glad I took the plunge

congratulations jburgh- i just got the fold over wallet in indigo. the maroon is just gorgeous. i am not sure i would have chosen indigo if i knew maroon was available. i had had a black one years ago and sent it off to a new home but the style still called to me and i am just loving it.
enjoy your new wallet and thanks for the picture-

Indigo is a great color! Enjoy yours too.

Happy J, excellent choice and gorgeous color!

Thanks, it sounds like it is raining wallets around the BV forum. :graucho:

Gorgeous color! Thanks for the photos. I have this wallet in lilac. I think the style is softer in the hand, more pliable, than my other full-size wallets.

Enjoy yours!

You're exactly right, it is so soft. Have you posted a pic of the lilac? I'd like to see it.

Congrats. I need this wallet. I love larger wallets. This is so much more practical than the zip around.

You do need a fold over. It is easier to access the contents with a snap.

That's very pretty, jburgh. I have been a fan of this wallet after I saw it at Malleries. I think it'd be good to put my Droid phone in one of the zip compartments. Great choice :smile:

Great idea - I'll try it with my HTC sensation. Then this wallet could double as a clutch.

Strong work! There's no "george kastanz-ing" this wallet!

I don't exactly know what that means, but it struck me as very funny!

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

I don't exactly know what that means, but it struck me as very funny!

I think the reference relates to the Seinfeld character, George Costanza. Grietje is probably thinking of the episode in which George displays his wallet, which is comically over-stuffed by its contents. There would be none of that with the layout of this wallet--everything at a glance!

You're exactly right, it is so soft. Have you posted a pic of the lilac? I'd like to see it.

I'm sure I posted photos here and there; I bought it when lilac's season ended (I think it was FW09). I found some in the Color Reference; I'll attach a shrunken version:

Attachments

• orchid-lilac-magenta-bordeaux.JPG
    orchid-lilac-magenta-bordeaux.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,121
Re the George Kastanza Wallet

There is an episode in Seinfeld where Jerry sees George's wallet and it is filled to th gills with receipts and stuff. He could barely fold it. This beauty should never be allowed to get to that level. I'd have to arrange an intervention!

Jburgh, so pretty. I started the thread fold over wallet convert. I loved mine till the leather pockets holding the cards got so soft and stretched that every time I opened my wallet the cards fell out. I tried doubling up on the cards for a tighter fit but eventually the leather continued to stretch and I had the same problem. I ended up getting a zip around. Initially, I loved the wallet so much I got my dd one. So far she hasn't had a problem but she also rotates wallets whereas I don't. Good luck! I do love the maroon.