Chain straps and slippage

Raspberry

O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
One of the most annoying things for me about bags has to be slipping handles and this is why I avoid double straps like the plague. As far as chain-strapped bags are concerned, I've only ever had the east-west which is a single chain. No concerns with the bag slipping off. I am considering getting the classic flap in the new future and was wondering, do they slip off your shoulder like other doubled straps do?

I've never had one of these, but for some reason I thought you could pull the chain handle so that instead of being two shorter ones, it could be just one long strap. So you could always do that if the doubles bug you.

I have the same problem with double straps. What I do is "hook" the outside strap over the one closest to my neck. It usually works for me. Get the classic flap, you won't regret it!! :yes:

Thanks for starting this thread. I hate slipping straps too. None of my bags that have the classic chain slip, single or double. But my GST does slip because it has that leather strip which is kind of slippery and never stays on.

Jumbo Navy Crackled Patent:
navy002.jpg

My reissue slips like crazy... but it my be the shape of my shoulders... :shrugs:

I wear it anyway, because I love it. But I really have to love the bag, to put up with slippage.

really?? i have yet to use my reissue...but the chains don't feel like they slip? i also found that i can wear it as a messenger style! i am very excited about that! :yahoo: