LV +Vat question...

Liberty817 said:
Yeah for twins!! I really wanted to make sure I got the VAT information out becuase I knew you were going soon. I can't wait to see what you get, make sure to reveal. YOu will have so much fun!!

Thank you!!

Thank you, it was so much fun. I am such a mess that I am scared to get anything with vachetta!! My next bag will be a vernis and then maybe an azur but phew I know I will be scared to drink my coffee.

Thank you so much and I love the savings.

She is a cutie pie and thank you.

Mykonos is not on my list this year ;(
I will not have enough time ! Plus, it's too
far from where we live ! But, I'm sure
Everything is deferent now since the
last time we went there !!! I love Piraeus
more ;) if EVER I go to LV kiffisia .. I would
like to get the Trevi there . Thanks for sharing
on Vat information ;) I definitely keep an eye
on it !!!

So I went to Santorini, Mykonos and Athens. The pictures I have of the stores are a not great but it is something.

Mykonos
It was so weird. When I arrived In Mykonos, I saw a lady there with a big LV shopping bag. I was like…hmmmm….there is no LV store in Mykonos. Lo and behold, once I got back to my hotel room, I looked it up and there was a store there. I thought I was crazy because I checked the store list and I swore I did not see it. Well the next day, I tracked it down and found out it just opened three weeks ago and they call it a pop-up Louis Vuitton store because it would only be open during the beginning and ending peak time for the island (April through October).

It was quite interesting, this pop up store will focus on LV’s resort collection, however they received bags that the other Greece stores didn’t get. They had
many SC bags and the gold clutch (can’t remember the name) that I would have love to have if I had the money. There were so many, I can’t even remember, plus I was on vacation so I can barely remember anything. It was a small store, I would say it was about 1500 square feet, smallest store I have even been to.

I am trying to figure out the insert image just give me a second.

Duh...just figured it out! Also had to resize.

Love, thank you!:smile:

Please help! My SO and me shopped at Printemps in Oct. And now his AMEX is charging him 102euros. We figured out that we probably did not mail back the forms.

First, we queued at the counters, had the items validated, signed some documents with the help of an officer. Then, she told us we can get the cash refund at the basement. So we did. We got to another counter that is like a money changer, got back the cash refund. But no one told us we need to mail the form, so we thought it's settled.

Now the bizarre part, we did not receive any PINK form. All we had was two ordinary tax refund form, but not the PINK form. We suspect the inital first officer had kept it and will submit on behalf of the consumers.

What should we do now? Anyone encounter this before?

I'm so excited! I haven't been home ( The UK ) in nearly 15 years and have recently gotten a chance to go back. I'll be in London for a week and Paris for a few days. When I was 14-15 I wasn't into LV or designer anything, really, so I haven't ever been to a London or Paris boutique. Naturally my ban will be null and void for that time frame; I leave in a couple of weeks.

How much more expensive is LV in Paris or London vs. here? What's this I hear about getting tax refunded? Is there a duty free option? And lastly-- I plan on a new pair of Prada sunglasses, a new Hermés scarf from the Faubourg shop and at least an SLG from the Bond or Sloan St. LV and the Champs-Elysèès LV. Anyone got any suggestions for SLGs? I'm in a moment where I'm obsessed with vernis :graucho:

Thank you all for your help! :flowers: :yahoo:

As to what I saw on my research, LV works out cheaper in France than in the US. I am not sure about the UK.

I bought mine in Paris (actually trying to do a reveal post now, but Flickr won't show my photos- help!!)

For example, going by the LV website, a Neverfull costs:

MM approx. AUD$980 USD$940 or EUR640

I did the VAT in Paris through Galeries Lafayette. You shop upstairs then take it down to the Tax Free and they fill the forms. You then go to the counter in the airport with the goods, your passport and the form to get the customs stamp. Then you join a separate line to get the refund, either in Euro or in USD or other currency. I don't think they do credit card refunds in Paris, she said mine was made to cash. In CDG terminal 2, both counters are prior to security. So you could pack the items in your suitcase after doing the refund if you wanted, before checking in.

If you use Global Blue they do take a percentage of the refund. As it seems, at Galeries they just do the paperwork. The lady doing my refund said that there is no commission on currency conversion if you are doing a tax refund. This was yesterday, if it helps!!

Enjoy your trip and enjoy shopping! Hopefully someone can advise you on UK. Just remember, if you buy in UK you'd have to do the process there since they're not in the EU. If you shop only in the EU you can submit the refund at the last departure point prior to leaving the EU

If you're interested in the French prices you can go to the lv website and sign on to the French website and get the prices. From my understanding France is the cheapest in the world and you also need to make sure to claim your VAT refund. From my research I believe you get 12% back from the VAT (this includes the fees they take out)

I just bought quite a bit in Germany for cheaper than the US...and France is cheaper still. When you check out in Paris at LV, make sure to ask for the Tax free papers. They will print a special receipt for you, and sign it. You can actually do this for any purchases at any store that you rack up more than 30 euros in (not restaurants, food items of hotel stays)

The catch is that you need to present your items, either at the airport you initially leave from before security, or your last port of exit before reaching the us (after security). Every item you want to claim tax free will have to be in a checked piece of luggage that you need to present before you check-in, on in your carry ons that you present in the terminal before you leave. There are vat refund and custom agent stands both before and after security.

You can't get your tax refund back on something you don't present in person to a customs agent. So its key to pack all of that stuff together.

I personally am paranoid and didn't feel safe leaving expensive purchases out of my sight so I took all of my LV out of their boxes and packed them in my carry-on. After the customs officer looked at my goods, he stamped my receipt and sent me around the corner to a window that refunded my VAT tax right back onto my credit card. The whole thing took me 6 minutes to do and was WELL worth it!!

I highly recommend buying any of your LV in europe when you get the chance. Its just a better deal and you get the best ever keepsake from your trip!! And every once in awhile, they've got something the US stores don't offer. And if you are "made in France" obsessed, Europe is the best place to pick up your next Neverfull or Delightful