Kim Kardashian thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
chowlover2 said:
Dressing well is all about knowing what looks good on her body type. Kanye can dress Kim in all the labels he wants. She does not have a models body, never has,and never will. And that is what you need to pull high fashion off. Most of these looks would look 100% better on Kendall.

Excuse me, but why do you think you need a models body to pull off high fashion?

fu8epe.jpg

Kardashian Navy ‏@KardashianNavy
Kim & Kanye out in Soho today! - http://instagr.am/p/OFCZ8XsE9Q/

It's amazing that she is always "working" in whatever city he is in.

Excuse me, but why do you think you need a models body to pull off high fashion?

It really depends on the fashion.
Sample sizes are tiny. So, if you are wearing next season's clothing, you do need to fit into a size 2/4.
If you are wearing current season high-fashion clothing, you need to find a designer that can scale and be tailored. You want something that will work with your curves, rather than obliterate them. Balmain and Givenchy don't do that. They just aren't cut that way.

Personally, I'd rather see Kim in Alaia, vintage Valentino, Carolina Herrera, Celine, Dior... if she is going to wear Balmain, she shouldn't wear anything made after 1960... She needs clothing which is designed to be more feminine.

Really ridiculous clothing works when it is worn - rather than wearing it's human. Think of Daphne Guiness. Honestly - half the stuff she wears doesn't look good on anyone. But, she has the sheer personality to make you think it looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.