ADVICE for buying online (OR NOT...!)

40th bday gal

Mar 25, 2007
I'm seeing a lot of threads about fakes (eBay, LaPerle, Dellamoda) being sold online. Are there any sites (other than large department stores) you trust to sell authentic designer bags (I'm currently shopping for MJ Blake and Celine boogie bags)? I saw some threads about bluefly - is this one okay? any others I should check? Thanks for any tips!:smile:

rule of thumb...if it's too good to be true, then it is!

Also, if they claim to sell authentic, brand new merchandise and they sell LV and they aren't Elux, stay away... far away!

It's not a discount site, but they frequently have great discounts: bagshop.com

I'm not sure if they have the bags you're looking for, but I bought two bags from them last year and was really pleased.

You can trust shopbop, revolve clothing, active endeavors, pink mascara, adasa. I have never ordered handbags from them but have ordered clothes from the first three. From what I have read here the sites all sell legit products. You might want to call or email before placing an order just to be sure. Good luck....

With Zappos you get free shipping both ways so you CAN see it in person, if you don't want to keep it, returns are a snap and free.

Often I will order 3 pairs of shoes, knowing full well I will only keep one.

rule of thumb...if it's too good to be true, then it is!

Also, if they claim to sell authentic, brand new merchandise and they sell LV and they aren't Elux, stay away... far away!

Well, that's not exactly accurate. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Let-Trade.com, KarenKooper.com, UnusualThreads.com, SabinesBoutique.com and a few other sites sometimes have authentic LVs, Chanel, Gucci, Prada, yes, even Balenciaga, etc. There are a few ways legitimate websites can offer authentic top brand merchandise at less than "retail" and still make a profit: employee discounts, "gift cards," industry connections, and more. I agree that most are fake (I almost want to applaud the ones who admit selling "replicas" but won't. =)