Dilemma! 1st and last 227. Need Help please.

AmourCC

Aug 9, 2011
I would like to get my first 227 this season and i have a hard time choosing which color is the best. It's probably gonna be my 1st and last 227, spending 5.8K on that i really need to get you all dedicated Chanel lovers's opinion. It's now or never, so i really need some help!

There's 12A red i had my eyes on, but i am not sure if it will be a good fit to my wardrobe. I wants to have the red, coz everyone love Chanel should have a red flap, right? ;) That's tough. I've been thinking and re-evaluate. But i found no answers. Classic Black is classic, everybody will agree on that. So should i opt for a solid choice? There's also Plum/Prune, Dark Navy, Green, Beige (in grained calf which i don't like) .... I am not sure did i miss some of the colors, what would you folks do?

I don't have a lot of classic flaps like most people do, owning only fews and seasonal item like chain around maxi (Navy SHW). My collections involve jumbos (Black GHW, Beige GHW, Grey SHW), 226 (Gold GHW), couple clutches, and mini.

Thanks!!!

Nice colors u have. I won't go for reissues in bright colors. Any others are great. I would prefer the red on the classic flap than reissue. But since u have no red, any addition is great! My choice this fall is prune for reissue.

you sound just like me! I would go with the aged calf for a 227 if that's going to be your only one. Black with ghw would be a solid choice like you said. If you want a bit of a variety, the navy is gorgeous. Prune is much darker compared to the spring prune so it can be a great neutral as well.
And no, you don't HAVE to have a red flap in order to be considered as a Chanel lover. :biggrin: I only have colors that I would wear given my skintone and clothing choices/colors. GL!!!

Nice colors u have. I won't go for reissues in bright colors. Any others are great. I would prefer the red on the classic flap than reissue. But since u have no red, any addition is great! My choice this fall is prune for reissue.

Thanks! I heard a lot of folks saying they won't get a bright color in reissue, is there any reason behind that? I like all these colors on classic flaps but the weight of the double flaps are a burden to me so I opt for a reissue.

I am waiting to see how the prune looks like. I was once interested in the plum reissue in 12 Spring but I end up with a gold. If it wasn't nearly 6K now, I will get all these colors without any hesitation.

you sound just like me! I would go with the aged calf for a 227 if that's going to be your only one. Black with ghw would be a solid choice like you said. If you want a bit of a variety, the navy is gorgeous. Prune is much darker compared to the spring prune so it can be a great neutral as well.
And no, you don't HAVE to have a red flap in order to be considered as a Chanel lover. :biggrin: I only have colors that I would wear given my skintone and clothing choices/colors. GL!!!

Yes. Definitely an aged calf 227. I was an impulse buyer up until like a month or so ago. I brought all these bags/clothing without using it once. I just want to have them, and that doesn't mean I really like them. It's the worst addiction. So I given up all these other Chanel flaps to my families so to remind myself not overdoing it anymore.

I have thought about the navy too, but I have a chain around maxi and clutch in navy. Eventhough it's not the same style but it's good enough for me when I need a navy to go with my outfit. I like the prune in spring, but I don't know its shade for fall. Do u know how it looks?

Really? I don't need a red? I am not a logical person when it comes to Chanel. I always think red is a must. Thanks Bluekit, u are like pouring ice cold water on my head :biggrin: I really need to cool down from my craziness. Lol.

maybe the black ghw would be a good choice. The prune for 12A is very different from 12P. The 12A prune is a darker purple, and the way I can best explain the color is to say that this prune is like a navy being an alternative to a black flap.
As for reds, it really comes down to personal preference. I've loved and bought Chanel for years but don't own a single black jumbo/black medium/black reissue flap. I have a coral red flap that sees the dustbag more than it sees me so I know red flap in general is not a must for me. I wear my chanels everyday but they are usually not your classic, staple chanels.
Yes. Definitely an aged calf 227. I was an impulse buyer up until like a month or so ago. I brought all these bags/clothing without using it once. I just want to have them, and that doesn't mean I really like them. It's the worst addiction. So I given up all these other Chanel flaps to my families so to remind myself not overdoing it anymore.

I have thought about the navy too, but I have a chain around maxi and clutch in navy. Eventhough it's not the same style but it's good enough for me when I need a navy to go with my outfit. I like the prune in spring, but I don't know its shade for fall. Do u know how it looks?

Really? I don't need a red? I am not a logical person when it comes to Chanel. I always think red is a must. Thanks Bluekit, u are like pouring ice cold water on my head :biggrin: I really need to cool down from my craziness. Lol.

I can't agree more.
Reissues are for aged look, and I just don't like them in bright colors.
Red goes better with classic flap.

I would go for aged calf on a reissue. The black with GHW is a classic and you can't go wrong. My favorite color in reissue is actually grey. I just love grey in aged calf. I don't knoe if grey is available right now. I also love metallics. I have dark gold, metallic black, and pale gold (more silver). I don't think red is a must. I still don't have a red bag. I just can't see using it enough. Good luck with your decision!

I would go for aged calf on a reissue. The black with GHW is a classic and you can't go wrong. My favorite color in reissue is actually grey. I just love grey in aged calf. I don't knoe if grey is available right now. I also love metallics. I have dark gold, metallic black, and pale gold (more silver). I don't think red is a must. I still don't have a red bag. I just can't see using it enough. Good luck with your decision!

I like grey with rth too but with all these price spike i think i need to get one which i cannot live without. I found a grey but it's in 226 size so i need to cross that out of my list. Just wish i start collecting Chanel earlier. Need to put the 5.8K in a good use and long one. I love metallic and gold too. But i'm afraid the fading of the metallic will ruin the purse.

I like the red, but just like you, i don't know if it's a good fit to my style. Hope i will make the "last purchase" soon, thanks.