Travel Cruise Tips and Suggestions?

cruising - were you on mainland China. Did you see the wall? That sounds like a trip I looked into sometime ago. Wonderful!

I have a dear friend who was in that general area for about a month. She's had breathing issues off & on since she got back in late March. (Trip was in Feb/March) Doctor can't figure out what is going on with her.
Several people on this same trip with her are also suffering. (Now these folks are all over 60 & might have allergies etc anyway.) They are on antibiotics, she's not.

I'd love to go to china someday but I have bad allergies anyway. Probably not possible for me.
Hi Vegas. Yes, we stopped in Shanghai and Beijing. I was able to make it to the wall! We docked in Tianjin for Beijing and the Great Wall...it was fabulous!

Hello lovelies! Sadly don't have any cruises planned (have some we hope to book a med cruise for next year if the price is right) but I've done 6 DCL and 2 Carnival Cruises in the past and love talking about cruising :biggrin: Even though I'm a diehard DCL girl

Hello lovelies! Sadly don't have any cruises planned (have some we hope to book a med cruise for next year if the price is right) but I've done 6 DCL and 2 Carnival Cruises in the past and love talking about cruising :biggrin: Even though I'm a diehard DCL girl

We've got our first DCL cruise booked for next August--we've never really cruised before, but our girls really love Disney and I thought it might be a good option since it has adult and kid activities to keep everyone busy (and Disney World is less than relaxing for me). It's all my oldest can talk about now, even though we're planning on taking her to Rome next April!

We've got our first DCL cruise booked for next August--we've never really cruised before, but our girls really love Disney and I thought it might be a good option since it has adult and kid activities to keep everyone busy (and Disney World is less than relaxing for me). It's all my oldest can talk about now, even though we're planning on taking her to Rome next April!

Woo! Which ship and to where?

And I'd be happy to answer any question you've got. Been on 3 out of the 4 ships.

Woo! Which ship and to where?

And I'd be happy to answer any question you've got. Been on 3 out of the 4 ships.

The Fantasy for a 7-day Eastern Caribbean. My oldest REALLY wanted the ship with the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, LOL! Plus, I love Art Nouveau decor, and the pictures of the ship just look amazing! We're not big beach-goers, so we weren't really concerned about the stops, but the Virgin Islands seemed more interesting to me than Mexico. My main goal is just to relax...and this seemed like a good way for the entire family to do something relatively non-stressful. I'd love any tips about cruising with Disney- right now, the only thing I'm sure of is that the girls will be doing BBB, I want to eat at Remy, and I want to try for a cabana on Castaway Cay. No clue on shore excursions or anything like that!

I've been on 6 cruises, and they never get boring. I've always gone with Carnival. I've been all over the Caribbean, and one day, I hope to do a Mediterranean cruise! I once rented a cabana on Half Moon Cay. It was really nice to have a place to sit, eat, shower, and lie without being totally in the sand... Everything is fun about a cruise... The food is amazing... and I have always gotten the best sleep of my life! However, I would get a prescription and take along those Transderm Scope patches for motion sickness. If you don't ever need them, wonderful. But if you do-- it's best to have them!

Go to your doctor and get a prescription for the motion sickness patches. Seriously, I am HIGHLY motion sick-- I get sick in the car! I totally recommmend the patches!

Hi ladies! I will be heading out for my second cruise soon (well, not soon, Christmas) and I have problems with seasickness. During my first cruise, I felt dizzy and "weird" most of the time and couldn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to. What is the best way of dealing with this, and possibly eliminating it before it happens so I can fully enjoy my cruise? Thanks!

We back with cruise plans again. I think my mother and I have finally manage to compromise. We're gonna do 2 7days. B2B from FL in January. I get to visit new ports and mother gets her precious Celebrity. I think this will work out. I'm not liking the prices right now but I'm hoping they will go done some.

Also, I thought I give Cruise.com a try this time. Suddenly it seems OK to book even thought your not US residence. They change the rule all the time. Anyway .. is it only possible to call them? No email?

We back with cruise plans again. I think my mother and I have finally manage to compromise. We're gonna do 2 7days. B2B from FL in January. I get to visit new ports and mother gets her precious Celebrity. I think this will work out. I'm not liking the prices right now but I'm hoping they will go done some.

Also, I thought I give Cruise.com a try this time. Suddenly it seems OK to book even thought your not US residence. They change the rule all the time. Anyway .. is it only possible to call them? No email?

Before you book with Cruise.com, check cry con.com and actual a cruise line website. I just booked 2 cruises and it was cheaper this way than using cruise.com

The Fantasy for a 7-day Eastern Caribbean. My oldest REALLY wanted the ship with the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, LOL! Plus, I love Art Nouveau decor, and the pictures of the ship just look amazing! We're not big beach-goers, so we weren't really concerned about the stops, but the Virgin Islands seemed more interesting to me than Mexico. My main goal is just to relax...and this seemed like a good way for the entire family to do something relatively non-stressful. I'd love any tips about cruising with Disney- right now, the only thing I'm sure of is that the girls will be doing BBB, I want to eat at Remy, and I want to try for a cabana on Castaway Cay. No clue on shore excursions or anything like that!

Haha I don't blame her! It's near impossible to get into it in the parks, but much easier on the ships (plus they're less likely to listen to the age cut off on the ships if they're not booked up)

How old are your girls? The kids clubs are so cool. We got to play around in them on the Dream since it was early on and people were wanting to see them.

YES! Eat at Remy (and do the brunch at Palo. It's amazing.) The cabana are cool. Haven't used one before, but we broke into one to check it out on our last cruise.

I've booked several times with Crucon and they are OK. They have good incentives (onboard credit, spa, etc.). The problem is that they are only open limited times and they charge a cancellation fee. We are probably going to go back to cruise.com. Always get prepaid gratuities and no cancellation fees.

Remember, Royal Caribbean/Celebrity don't allow travel agents to charge less than the advertised prices on their website (unless it is a group booking).