Home & Garden Harvested my very 1st broccoli today!

Ratnapur

Gem rescuer!
Jan 9, 2011
Yea, me! They're small heads, but heads none-the-less. It's the first time I've grown broccoli. I love fresh steamed broccoli, with lots of butter and some salt--or even olive oil and salt.

Wow, how neat! :nuts:

I love broccoli and so does my family, but it never occured to me to grow it myself. We currently have Tomatoes, Leeks, Zucchinis, Squash, Strawberries, Lettuce, Radishes and a whole bunch of herbs.

Is it hard to grow broccoli? I need to read about this! I don'T even know what a broccoli plant looks like, LOL

YAY!! Congratulations!

Sternchen, its not hard to grow at all! It like it a bit on the cool side, but there are lots of varieties, its really nice to have your own.

It's great growing your own vegetables, isn't it? Even though we grow crops on a commercial scale ( yes, we are farmers!!) there is nothing like the satisfaction I get from the veggie patch in my garden. Here are some pics from summer just gone

Attachments

• image-1024373151.jpg
    image-1024373151.jpg
    594.9 KB · Views: 97
And more.. Oops uploaded the first one of my little boy being silly by mistake

Attachments

• image-67426668.jpg
    image-67426668.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 101
  • image-1793241424.jpg
    image-1793241424.jpg
    527.1 KB · Views: 104
  • image-1465922238.jpg
    image-1465922238.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 120
  • image-1976865011.jpg
    image-1976865011.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 100
StylishFarmer said:
And more.. Oops uploaded the first one of my little boy being silly by mistake

Wonderful! Those figs are gorgeous...everything is! May I ask what variety of beets those are? That's a wonderful selection of tomatoes too!

Fabulousity, do you have a yard or a balcony / porch? Growing veggies and herbs is so easy - even with limited space! :smile:

Hello from a fellow Marylander (now living abroad!) :wave:

I have a backyard, but my neighbor has cats lots and lots of cats they'd prob eat whatever I try to grow before it has a chance to mature :tdown: not to mention they pee everywhere.

:biggrin:

I have a backyard, but my neighbor has cats lots and lots of cats they'd prob eat whatever I try to grow before it has a chance to mature :tdown: not to mention they pee everywhere.

:biggrin:

Ugh, how annoying!

My neighbor has cats too and they pee on our CARS!!! You can imagine the wonderful smell that we have every morning when we go to work...