"Bethenny Ever After" -- February 2011 Bravo

I don't like her talk show. She's trying too hard and she seems to think the more she talks about sex, the more people will like it. Jason tends to look like misery when they flash to him, like emotionless. I don't see it lasting.

When Kate Walsh was there, she must have talked about how hot Taye Diggs is like 20 times.

But it was one day about sex, the next about butts, the next about boobs. It's sorta trashy, IMO.

Having audience members who don't like their butts come up and Bethenny squeezes them, then drinks a skinny girl off coco's butt? I don't know, not for me. I'll probably cancel my TiVo on it.

But it was one day about sex, the next about butts, the next about boobs. It's sorta trashy, IMO.

Having audience members who don't like their butts come up and Bethenny squeezes them, then drinks a skinny girl off coco's butt? I don't know, not for me. I'll probably cancel my TiVo on it.

Definitely not my cup of tea! It's a hell of a way to promote Skinnygirl, but I think it has the opposite effect and puts people off. It's rather tacky and self-serving.

He is hot though!

He is hot, but more than once Bethenny was saying 'come on, you have to imagine sex with Taye Diggs, right?' and even after Kate Walsh laughed it off, and said he has a great wife, etc Bethenny said it a few more times. I felt like she doesn't know how to have an interesting talk show, so she resorted to racy topics and crude jokes to get through the segment.

I watched 'the butt' episode yesterday and I was cringing the whole way through.

I'm hoping it gets better because I do like her. Maybe they can offer segments on health, cooking, celeb, etc rather than butts, boobs and sex. She literally spanked Holly Robinson Peet with a riding crop and blindfold on. It's awkward.

alliemia said:

It sounds like a frat boy's dream, not something that would appeal to a large audience.

Well I saw the preview for tomorrow's show and it's about adding sex toys to your sex life. Her and Lisa Rinna go to a sex shop apparently. Basically the same topic as the '50 shades of grey spice up your sex life' show where she went to the sex shop as well.

I really thought this show would be more like Rachael Ray's, with cooking, health, etc.

Either she's very insecure and thinks sex sells or maybe she's trying to start a new genre in afternoon talk shows. You know, like a female version of a tame and dumbed down Howard Stern - a racy, slightly dirty, sex-spiced talk show. Don't know how well that'll work, there are only so many bored housewives, the sex talk can get old quick, plus there are kids watching in the afternoon...etc.

Last edited: