Lancome and L'Oreal

rin

Sep 26, 2006
People have talked about how they've heard rumors about how Lancome and L'Oreal products are the same since they are owned by the same company. I just wanted to add that it is true most of the time actually. A friend of mine used to work for L'Oreal, and he said that for a lot of the products (such as some face cream, lipsticks, etc.) they made, they literally poured the first half into a Lancome bottle and the other half into a L'Oreal bottle. This goes for a lot of the products from their makeup line as well as their skincare line.

Needless to say, I'm probably never going to buy Lancome again, and of course, the only drugstore brand I will buy is L'Oreal. :yes:

Loreal actually owns A LOT of great brands you'd never expect, heres some screen shots their brands from L'Oreal : cosmetics, beauty, perfumes

picture1kc9.png

picture3an8.jpg

picture5sx5.jpg

picture6nl2.jpg

Also the only drugstore brand I buy as well!

Yes, I've heard this for many years as well...they're owned by the same company. And, no wonder for me, for I love both brands with lancome being the splurge and l'oreal the steal. Very cool!!

the new lancome star gloss has the same wand as the l'oreal glam shine crystals... but I can definitely say that Lancome e/s have better colors than L'Oreals, so NOT everything's the same

I've also read that Lancome and L'oreal have very similar formulas, and the only difference being the price tag. I have never cared for Lancome, for some reason, but I do buy L'Oreal mascara. Some are quite good.

Lancome is indeed owned by L'oreal but l'oreal owns a lot of other brands too. I started off with L'oreal's stuff when I just got into the makeup/skincare routine (at about 15), then at age 17 I started to buy a lot of Lancome stuff and I must say that these 2 brands are TOTALLY DIFFERENT! Never mind the packaging (cuz l'oreal's is really cheap and plastic-like imo....), the quality and most importantly the RESULT you get/feel is mucho superior with Lancome. Why am I so dedicated to this brand? because it cured my acne or improved it by 90%, and I am forever grateful to their products:yes: (I've spend thousands of dollars on presciption medication before as well as other top-notch skincare brands like SKII and let's just say that at least on *MY* skin, Lancome is the one for me)

The one thing that sucks me in for Lancome is there gift with purchases because they always have the cutest cosmetic bags even though I don't use any of their products....I am such a sucker for cosmetic bags can never have enough.