Any intel on vuitton+yayoi kusama collection?

Hate to be a troll but...
That might be one of the ugliest modifications to a bag I have ever seen. I don't see anything artistic about that. It looks like a first grader had fun drawing dots with white out. My heart cringes for the bag.
Why... Just why...

hahaha...I love Kusama but this made me laff :roflmfao: I plan on getting something from the collection & crossing my fingers that it'll be wearable and not illicit this kind of response...still laffing...

That might be one of the ugliest modifications to a bag I have ever seen. I don't see anything artistic about that. It looks like a first grader had fun drawing dots with white out. My heart cringes for the bag.
Why... Just why...
Lol!!!! Troll!!! You gave me a good laugh-thanks:smile: I agree, not the cutest....

here are two pics i found online.. this was at the museum, so not sure if this style is going to be made for sale or not.
I could be wrong but I believe these photos are from a few years ago when she presented Marc Jacobs with a gift. It is definitely an older photo of Marc. I have my fingers crossed that the collaboration will look different than this.

Hmmm... Might pass on the bags and SLGs ..looks weird with dots. And the painted pattern can make the vinyl harder. Last year I got the LE Stephen Sprouse Sarah Wallet with the leopard pattern inside and noticed the purse vinyl is harder and not comfortable to use (in comparison with normal Sarah). SA confirmed that the print makes the vinyl harder :sad:
But I might be interested to see if any Kusama polka dot scarves come out ..,

The picture posted has circulated for a while. I'm not letting this formulate my expectation for this launch.

I'm still waiting anxiously for the stoles and bags....I have a thing for dots...as long as they look nothing like that old photo!!!! Hopefully the colors posted by sandro.k are spot on :roflmfao:

Why... Just why...

yeaaa.... sadly I agree! If that is going to be the design... in orange, I would not spend the money on one...

And with only hight prices...

I loved Richard Prince (aquarelle) - Murakami (multicolor)- Steven Sprouse (fluo grapphites and roses) collections. I think Kusama will be plastic like Murakami cosmic blossom collection 2010.

Ok. Just got off the phone with my SA. She stated that the collection will be out in July and will continue until Dec. 31st, after Dec 31st, if there are any left, they all will be sent back to France.

My SA also told me that there will be a variety of pieces, they are still working on it now so thats why the SAs do not know what style is available until its out, its not meant to be secretive or anything like that, its just they are still working on the design.

I also told my SA that I dont like loud pokadot pieces and I really hope it will not be crazy bc I dont need people (who doesnt understand art) to stare at me like a lunatic, spend over one K for an UGLY pokadot purse (sorry if I offended anyone but a bunch of loud dots on LV that looks like a 2nd grader drew on it (if that is what Kusame will produced) isnt really how I want to spend my hard earn money nor want to wear out in public), that will be a big insult. Per my SA, there will be suttle (sp?) and loud pieces, so no need to worry.

So, here is the latest scoop, ladies, save your money. There are loud and suttle pieces, that means it will fit our preferences, whether we love loud pokadots or prefer the sutle ones, or if the loud pieces looks nice, who knows, I might change my mind and get one. I guess, we just have to wait and see, then decide.

And she told me there is no waiting list bc she doesnt have a list of what will be produced, but I insisted that she take my name down for a suttle speedy, if one was to be produced.

I am so excited bc I havent bought a LE speedy for a few years and I love bright colors...looks like I will be taking on extra shifts at work to finance the SUTTLE Kusama collection

Last edited:
Thank you for the info precious-gucci! Good to know there are going to be both loud and subtle pieces. I'm surprised theyre still finalizing what's to be available for the collection. Maybe the pieces are all so great can't decide? Haha anyway can't wait til July!

Notice in that picture of the purse that it is signed and dated with her name and the year 2006..... So that's definitely and old photo and representation.....also green dots!!!! Want green dots! Seems hard to find some good green LV!