your best CHANEL bag purchase?

Gorgeous! :smile:

IMG_7362.jpg

My Classic Flap M/L Lavender

Reactions: Sneal
Best bag for me means the most practical one, the one that I get most use from.

So, I would say that for me it is my black caviar jumbo with shw.

It has tons of space, black color goes with everything, and the shw means it works well with casual, everyday looks.

My best purchase ever was my very first Chanel, black maxi ghw. I'm glad it was my first purchase b/c I get the most use out of it (I tend to carry a lot with me) and I don't have to baby it! I'm so glad it was my first purchase b/c if you look at the price tag I got it for $3295 USD + 10% off for opening a SAKS card!!! I recently bought a jumbo for $4900 so that stung a little knowing how much I got my maxi for!

IMG_1223TPF.jpg

Here's a pic of it worn. I usually wear it single strap nowadays. It looks a little big on my frame, the jumbo looks better on me actually but to fit my needs I got the maxi. However, single strap works well with the maxi making it more casual when I wear jeans. The jumbo straps are way too long to be worn single. My maxi is by far my best Chanel purchase!

IMG_1433tPFmaxiworn.jpg

Well, I received it as a gift one year, it was purchased from Nordstrom, and is apparently a limited edition. I'm not sure how many were made, but they are very rare. It's simply stunning and encapsulates the best of CHANEL. If anyone else knows anything about it, I would love to know. :smile:

Best bag for me means the most practical one, the one that I get most use from.

So, I would say that for me it is my black caviar jumbo with shw.

It has tons of space, black color goes with everything, and the shw means it works well with casual, everyday looks.
that's what my definition of "best" is too.

it would be my black caviar jumbo with ghw, which is the most practical for... well, anything, really :P

My best purchase ever was my very first Chanel, black maxi ghw. I'm glad it was my first purchase b/c I get the most use out of it (I tend to carry a lot with me) and I don't have to baby it! I'm so glad it was my first purchase b/c if you look at the price tag I got it for $3295 USD + 10% off for opening a SAKS card!!! I recently bought a jumbo for $4900 so that stung a little knowing how much I got my maxi for!

IMG_1223TPF.jpg

Here's a pic of it worn. I usually wear it single strap nowadays. It looks a little big on my frame, the jumbo looks better on me actually but to fit my needs I got the maxi. However, single strap works well with the maxi making it more casual when I wear jeans. The jumbo straps are way too long to be worn single. My maxi is by far my best Chanel purchase!

IMG_1433tPFmaxiworn.jpg
oh man... just wish u didn't show the price tag....

oh man... just wish u didn't show the price tag....

Oh no! Sorry! When I first bought the maxi I had buyer's remorse for awhile for buying a 3K bag. I guess it soothes me now to know that I paid less... I guess a year or 2 from now, our 2012 purchases will feel like a "bargain".

My best Chanel purchase so far IMO is the 09A taupe single flap jumbo. I just acquired this a few weeks ago so I definitely paid a lot more than it was in 2009. I love the color and how light weight it is as well.

Reactions: Sneal
My best Chanel purchase thus far is probably my 11A blue python reissue. I decided I wanted it towards the end of the season but my SA was able to find one for me and thankfully it was not impacted by the price increase. I simply love this piece :smile:

Attachments

• Pic-4-2.jpg
    Pic-4-2.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 3,275
Oh no! Sorry! When I first bought the maxi I had buyer's remorse for awhile for buying a 3K bag. I guess it soothes me now to know that I paid less... I guess a year or 2 from now, our 2012 purchases will feel like a "bargain".

lol kinda hope that this doesn't happen! i would have to like increase through the roof by then..

I love all mine. This is the one I just bought recently

View attachment 1634487

..with flash

View attachment 1634488

...without flash

View attachment 1634489

View attachment 1634490

And I love how I can carry this in multiple ways

View attachment 1634491

View attachment 1634492

View attachment 1634493

I'm 5ft so this bag is perfect in size for me and it's super light compare to the GST
What is this bag called? I don't like the GST either as it is very heavy...Yours is lambskin?