Empreinte advice please

bagzaddict

Bagzaddict
O.G.
Feb 3, 2010
Can anyone tell me how the empreinte leather holds up? I am thinking of purchasing the new wallet. Can't decide between this new wallet or the vernis sarah. thanks

Don't have a wallet, but I do have the lumineuse PM in infini and the leather is holding up great! The only issue I've had is cracking of seal around the leather handles which I'm getting replaced.

Don't have a wallet, but I do have the lumineuse PM in infini and the leather is holding up great! The only issue I've had is cracking of seal around the leather handles which I'm getting replaced.
How long have you had your bag, before the issue started? Would you consider this to be the glazing, like the glazing on the side of all wallets? (not sure if this makes sense)

How long have you had your bag, before the issue started? Would you consider this to be the glazing, like the glazing on the side of all wallets? (not sure if this makes sense)

I've had it for almost a year and just noticed it, I'm wondering if it's partly due to the strain on the thin leather straps from the heaviness of the bag. I don't know if it would be an issue on the wallet someone else would have to chime in, but I can say the leather holds up well.

Can anyone tell me how the empreinte leather holds up? I am thinking of purchasing the new wallet. Can't decide between this new wallet or the vernis sarah. thanks

I just bought one of the new empriente wallets to replace my vernis Sarah in rose pop which got ruined from color xfer from a Kate spade agenda that I used for a little while....not sure how it will hold up but I think it will do well as I have the clutch and it has no battle scars...what is nice about the wallet is, it is less bulky than Sarah....it has such a wonderful feel to it...I am quite surprised in how easy to get in and out of.....Only used it for two days so I can't give you the real review you are after....

I just bought one of the new empriente wallets to replace my vernis Sarah in rose pop which got ruined from color xfer from a Kate spade agenda that I used for a little while....not sure how it will hold up but I think it will do well as I have the clutch and it has no battle scars...what is nice about the wallet is, it is less bulky than Sarah....it has such a wonderful feel to it...I am quite surprised in how easy to get in and out of.....Only used it for two days so I can't give you the real review you are after....

Is it the Curieuse wallet with the zip pouch? What color did you choose? If you have any pics that would be wonderful?
TIA!!

Is it the Curieuse wallet with the zip pouch? What color did you choose? If you have any pics that would be wonderful?
TIA!!

yes the curieuse in infini....picked it up with grenadine wilshire...
DSCF2129.jpg

DSCF2123.jpg

DSCF2125.jpg

I just got the Virtuose wallet in Ombre yesturday. The wallet is gorgeous and the leather is super soft. I guess I cant comment on how the leather holds up, I hope it holds up well!! (my pics have been posted in other threads too :smile:)

Attachments

• image-4056667372.jpg
    image-4056667372.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 4,200
  • image-152108528.jpg
    image-152108528.jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 4,303
  • image-1648362569.jpg
    image-1648362569.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 4,165
Lovely wallets ladies. I am also thinking of getting the infini!! Do you use the coin purse in the wallet or take it out? If it's taken out, does it seem weird? I also have had Sarah wallet and this wallet seem similar except for the removeable coin pouch.

I've had my Virtuose since December 2011 and its holding up ok. No visible scruffing or scratches on the leather. I don't baby it - it get thrown together with keys etc (not that I recommend that!). The leather does soften after a while. I just noticed that the glaze cracks though where the wallet is folded but I suppose that comes with normal use.

I just got the Virtuose wallet in Ombre yesturday. The wallet is gorgeous and the leather is super soft. I guess I cant comment on how the leather holds up, I hope it holds up well!! (my pics have been posted in other threads too :smile:)

Noonoo I love this wallet. Looks like it holds 12 cards? I haven't seen this before. Do you mind telling me the price? I was thinking about the Curieuse, but it doesn't come in ombre I'm told.

Noonoo I love this wallet. Looks like it holds 12 cards? I haven't seen this before. Do you mind telling me the price? I was thinking about the Curieuse, but it doesn't come in ombre I'm told.

Hi there NicoletteRN! The price is $995 (yikes!) And I had to call 866 Vuitton to find it since I was told they have/are discontinuing the Ombre color! My SA could not find it anywhere on her end so I took a chance and called Vuitton and they were able to locate this piece. NO long zippys were found whatsoever (in Ombre) and I think Vuitton.com has the small secret available in Ombre. And YES! It does hold 12 cards! Good luck and let me know what you decide!!:smile: (I was originally looking to buy the Long Zippy in Ombre but since none were available I ended up with this one)

Hi there NicoletteRN! The price is $995 (yikes!) And I had to call 866 Vuitton to find it since I was told they have/are discontinuing the Ombre color! My SA could not find it anywhere on her end so I took a chance and called Vuitton and they were able to locate this piece. NO long zippys were found whatsoever (in Ombre) and I think Vuitton.com has the small secret available in Ombre. And YES! It does hold 12 cards! Good luck and let me know what you decide!!:smile: (I was originally looking to buy the Long Zippy in Ombre but since none were available I ended up with this one)

Thanks noonoo! Discontinuing ombre!? Oh no...only SLG? I'm set on an ombre artsy...I think lol. I just bought the long origami so I don't really neeeeeed another wallet but the empriente is just so gorgeous. I was surprised that the new wallet wasn't released in ombre, but now having heard this I guess it makes sense. My SA told me ombre was a permanent color but I guess not available in every style. Your wallet is gorgeous and seems very functional. I think you may have just gotten me into trouble lol...one more thing on my Wishlist.