Help me choose, YSL Large Cabas Chyc or CHLOE PARATY

This is a tough one, as both are lovely bags. I don't yet own a chyc, but I do have a paraty. Both brands have incredible leather but the end use and look are quite different.

What will you be using the bag for? I love that the paraty can be carried over the shoulder though I can also wear as crossbody with the long strap. It's also a smaller bag so it's not large enough to hold files (unless you are considering the large paraty? If you need a large bag then I would go with the chyc. Sorry if I am not much help!

This is a tough one, as both are lovely bags. I don't yet own a chyc, but I do have a paraty. Both brands have incredible leather but the end use and look are quite different.

What will you be using the bag for? I love that the paraty can be carried over the shoulder though I can also wear as crossbody with the long strap. It's also a smaller bag so it's not large enough to hold files (unless you are considering the large paraty? If you need a large bag then I would go with the chyc. Sorry if I am not much help!

Thank you for the reply.
I am considering the medium/large paraty or large chyc.
On a different note, do you owe the ysl easy medium/large?
Would you say the Party medium is same size with the easy?
I really want a big bag.:smile:
I like Paraty and Chyc but cant afford both now:lol:

I would say medium paraty (I'm biased since I'm looking to buy one too). I think the YSL chyc tote is a classic, but the large is definitely too big IMO for everyday use. The medium is a great size though, and you can fit a lot of stuff in it. It's really up to you what kind of bag you would like: structured or more slouchy? The paraty is also a more "casual" bag and the chyc tote would be perfect for work.

Thank you for the reply.
I am considering the medium/large paraty or large chyc.
On a different note, do you owe the ysl easy medium/large?
Would you say the Party medium is same size with the easy?
I really want a big bag.:smile:
I like Paraty and Chyc but cant afford both now:lol:

I don't particularly like the shape of the med/large paraty as it looks too east/west. I much prefer the small/med size. I used to have a YSL large easy...I only have the small one right now, but the large easy is bigger than my small/med paraty.

For a large tote, I would go with the Chyc but it is a very big bag.

I have the large Paraty and two medium Paraty, have been considering the Chyc, but the fact that it is a large boxy style is the reason I haven't purchased it yet. I have a large Chloe Marlow that is similar in size and don't really have the use for another larger bag. That said, the Chyc is a gorgeous bag and I keep looking at it.:smile:

The medium Paraty is more of a 'go to' bag, easy to use/carry, etc. and holds quite a bit. However, love the size, look of the larger size and it will hold considerably more. I tend to carry the mediums more due to color, my large is a poppy color and even though I like and own several bags of color, I tend to gravitate to the neutrals.

If you want a big bag, go with either the chyc or large Paraty. I don't really consider the medium a large bag, but a nice everyday size.

Upon a recent purchase of the Large Cabas Chyc, I am still totally in love with this bag! The leather is scrumptious, it holds what you wish and then some, and it is so comfortable and lightweight for this size bag. There is no fussing with getting in and out of it...just easy! Let's not forget so stylish and high end looking.

They are both gorgeous bags. For me...it would come down to your total needs. Do you need to put it over your shoulder....then the paraty would be a better fit. Do you like the option of carrying a sweater, magazine, iPad, or anything else that could fit it easy without a struggle because it has a wide opening...but still look like a purse. Then the Cabas would fit the bill.

I am 5'3" and the Large does not overwhelm me. (I even tried on the Large Marcie Satchel for comparison...that overwhelmed me!). Once you fill it, it lays nicely against your body and does not stick out looking too large.

And...compliments galore!

Good luck with your decision. Either way, you can't lose!

If you get a CHYC tote, I'd advise getting the medium size. It is plenty big and easier to manage (and this is coming from a "big bag" girl)

If you get the Paraty, I'd also suggest getting the medium rather than the large. The large is just too large, IMO. Unless you are looking for that type of bag.

GL!!

Upon a recent purchase of the Large Cabas Chyc, I am still totally in love with this bag! The leather is scrumptious, it holds what you wish and then some, and it is so comfortable and lightweight for this size bag. There is no fussing with getting in and out of it...just easy! Let's not forget so stylish and high end looking.

They are both gorgeous bags. For me...it would come down to your total needs. Do you need to put it over your shoulder....then the paraty would be a better fit. Do you like the option of carrying a sweater, magazine, iPad, or anything else that could fit it easy without a struggle because it has a wide opening...but still look like a purse. Then the Cabas would fit the bill.

I am 5'3" and the Large does not overwhelm me. (I even tried on the Large Marcie Satchel for comparison...that overwhelmed me!). Once you fill it, it lays nicely against your body and does not stick out looking too large.

And...compliments galore!

Good luck with your decision. Either way, you can't lose!

I totally agree with this. I use a large chyc as a day bag and I don't find it too big (I'm 5'-4") because it fits my needs. I like large bags for those times where I need to carry more for my job (ipad or air, notebook, measuring tape, etc) and it's great for airplane travel. I don't carry it at night if I'm having drinks or going out, it's much too big for that. For me it's the perfect day bag. I've had it since August and I stopped carrying all of my other bags up until a few weeks ago, I loved the chyc so much. Now I've been using the Chloe Gabby duffel which like the Paraty, has handles and a shoulder strap which I love. So yes, it's very important if you want different ways of carrying the bag. I will say the Paraty can look much more casual than the Chyc so depending on your style and wardrobe one may be a better fit. They are both classic bags and both great options!

I totally agree with this. I use a large chyc as a day bag and I don't find it too big (I'm 5'-4") because it fits my needs. I like large bags for those times where I need to carry more for my job (ipad or air, notebook, measuring tape, etc) and it's great for airplane travel. I don't carry it at night if I'm having drinks or going out, it's much too big for that. For me it's the perfect day bag. I've had it since August and I stopped carrying all of my other bags up until a few weeks ago, I loved the chyc so much. Now I've been using the Chloe Gabby duffel which like the Paraty, has handles and a shoulder strap which I love. So yes, it's very important if you want different ways of carrying the bag. I will say the Paraty can look much more casual than the Chyc so depending on your style and wardrobe one may be a better fit. They are both classic bags and both great options!

Mellibelly...what color do you own?
I have the black.

I have the large Paraty and two medium Paraty, have been considering the Chyc, but the fact that it is a large boxy style is the reason I haven't purchased it yet. I have a large Chloe Marlow that is similar in size and don't really have the use for another larger bag. That said, the Chyc is a gorgeous bag and I keep looking at it.:smile:

The medium Paraty is more of a 'go to' bag, easy to use/carry, etc. and holds quite a bit. However, love the size, look of the larger size and it will hold considerably more. I tend to carry the mediums more due to color, my large is a poppy color and even though I like and own several bags of color, I tend to gravitate to the neutrals.

If you want a big bag, go with either the chyc or large Paraty. I don't really consider the medium a large bag, but a nice everyday size.

Thank you ladies for your contributions.
I have Chloe Marlow and Balenciaga moon bag which i consider as a big big.
Is the Large Chyc and Paraty Large same categories with the bags i mention? If they are bigger than the Marlow or moon, then i will go for the medium but if same size, please ladies let me know.
Thank you

If you get a CHYC tote, I'd advise getting the medium size. It is plenty big and easier to manage (and this is coming from a "big bag" girl)

If you get the Paraty, I'd also suggest getting the medium rather than the large. The large is just too large, IMO. Unless you are looking for that type of bag.

GL!!

Thank you Littlerock.
I like big bags but do not want any bag that is bigger than my Marlow and moon bag.
I have never seen the large Paraty and large Chyc so it is really difficult to guess how big it is.

Thank you ladies for all the suggestion, but you have really confused me the more :P
I have check some of the big bags that i owe, Balenciaga work, Moon and Chloe Marlow. I would like the Chyc or Paraty to be same size and NOT bigger but can be a little smaller but not smaller than the Ysl easy.
Please i would appreciate if anyone can compare and post photos of any big bag they owe so i can see the comparison. Or let me know from their veiw if these bags are same sizes.
I hope it is not too much to ask and i appreciate any info.
I would be lost without you ladies :smile:
Thank you:smile: