Food I have fallen in love with Brussel Sprouts

Oh, I love them sprinkled with salt and pepper and roasted in the oven! :drool: I've also had them sprinkled with parmesan cheese at a restaurant and it was delicious!

Ooooo my favorite veggie!!
Ok first way, lightly steamed served with seared salmon.:drool:
Sauteed with garlic and my aunt adds some pasta water to braise them, I guess the starch mellows the bitterness?
Oven roasted with olive oil salt and pepper. NeedLoub:ghi5:
Deep fried individual leaves.:drool:
Martha Stewart had these recipes: http://www.marthastewart.com/search/apachesolr_search/brussel%20sprouts

And I don't mind them in a gratin either!! Ok now I'm hungry....

Sauteed with garlic and my aunt adds some pasta water to braise them, I guess the starch mellows the bitterness?
Martha Stewart had these recipes: http://www.marthastewart.com/search/apachesolr_search/brussel%20sprouts

Thanks for posting the link for recipes!! I am hungry too! :P

Martha Stewart had these recipes: http://www.marthastewart.com/search/apachesolr_search/brussel sprouts

Thanks for the link. Have you ever tried chopped brussel sprouts simmered in cream from Julia Child's cookbook. They are heavenly!!!

I love brussel sprouts! I've never roasted them so I'm going to try this.:smile:

I like smaller ones lightly boiled and covered in black pepper. Love the idea of garlic in there too - haven't tried that but I will!

I love Brussell Sprouts too.

Here's how my DH will eat them.....

If frozen.....microwave them with butter, salt, pepper, honey and pecans.
If fresh.......pan fried, shredded with browned butter and toasted chopped pecans.

I love Brussell Sprouts too.

Here's how my DH will eat them.....

If frozen.....microwave them with butter, salt, pepper, honey and pecans.
If fresh.......pan fried, shredded with browned butter and toasted chopped pecans.

GypsyCruiser:flowers:I would love to know more about this recipe! Would you mind sharing it?:flowers:

GypsyCruiser:flowers:I would love to know more about this recipe! Would you mind sharing it?:flowers:

Here you go:
Shredded Brussel Sprouts

1/4 cup butter
2/3 cup chopped pecan nuts
2 pounds Brussels sprouts,
cored and shredded
3 green onions, minced
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
pepper to taste
2 tablespoons cooked, crumbled bacon ( if desired)

In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add pecan nuts, and cook, stirring until browned. Add Brussels sprouts and green onions to the pan, and season with seasoning salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until sprouts are wilted and tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in crumbled bacon just before serving ( if desired).