My paypal claim was cancelled :(

Milanmania2

Feb 10, 2007
I was warned from members of your site that paypal doesn´t care for not as described items. I had to wait for more than a month to reach a verdict for my dispute and had to pay $55 for a non-authentication certificate, only to tell me that I was not eligible for a refund. What a ripoff.
I had previously posted the problem at the Dior forum and the bag was obviously a fake. This was confirmed by members of the forum as well.This is what paypal told me:

Based on our definition of significantly not-as-described, this claim does
not qualify for a refund.We found the value of the item was not affected.

For more information about the claims process, please review the User
Agreement.

https://www.paypal.com/cy/cgi-bin/?cmd=p/gen/ua/ua-outside

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Protection Services Department

PayPal does not tolerate fraud or illegal activities. Your complaint has
been noted in the record of the PayPal user you reported. If we find this
user has violated our policies, we will investigate and take appropriate
action. If this occurs, you may be contacted in the future about the status
of this complaint.
To make sure future transactions proceed smoothly, we suggest you visit the
PayPal site and click the Security Center link located at the bottom of any
page. There you will find tips on how to avoid fraudulent sellers in the
"Fraud Prevention Tips for Buyers" section.

How horrible! Did you use a credit card to pay Paypal? You could do a chargeback. With the proof that it is a fake and Paypal's verdict you should be able to get a chargeback pretty easily.

They did that to me too. It was on a Coach bag and I had to take it and have the Macys store manager measure and sign that it was what I said it was and NOT what the seller described it as. He wrote his name, number and other contact info on the letter and Paypal STILL ruled against me. I was pissssssttttt!!! There is NOTHING you can do except as they say, if you used a CC file a chargeback, and if not wait until that seller screws somebody else.

It seems to be so inconsistent. Some people easily succeed withh SNAD claims and others don't. I wish I knew why. More than that, I wish Paypal was accountable enough to explain why.

will chargeback help? I told my bank but they say they need to wait for paypal response. I think the seller already got the money and ran away!!!!!! I hate that. wait wait and wait!!!!

Things are much worse that they seem. I just got a message from mypoupette.com and they told me they didn´t sent the non-authenication certificate to paypal cause they were down for some days....Non they are asking me if I still want the certificate or should they send my money back. How can they be so unreliable when you need them so much.....I m so angry.

I don´t really know how the credit card chargeback works in my country in regard to ebay products. I m not quite sure if they can do this. One thing ´s for sure: the fake is going directly to LVMH headcourters France as proof of counterfied products sold on ebay.Same goes for the resolution of paypal for protecting seller of fakes.

I sympathise, Paypal is a nightmare!! I posted an item to a confirmed address, buyer did a chargeback said it was fraudulent use of credit card they won, got money back & kept item!
recently I had another chargeback for an LV keyring, again fraudulent use of credit card now this tiem I got the item back - buyer refused delivery (probably a lovers tiff) but Paypal took the money out of my account twice I am at the end of my tether with them!
When I email all I am getting is a standard message they are not even reading my emails correctly!
Between all the crap at ebay & the ridiculous paypal policies selling has become an utter nightmare!

Speaking of horrible times with PayPal...I thought I would maybe see what you guys could say about my situation.

I bought a handbag online....I think it was like the 10th of Feb (I posted here on this forum about it too, I think) and I didn't get it, didn't get it. I was like getting to two weeks after I ordered it. So then, the seller escalates to a dispute, saying it was delivered. Well, it was.

I sent him another email saying that I did receive the purse and that if I could please return it for a refund. He said yes, that that was his policy, so I refused delivery at the post office, and the Pay Pal claim was closed.

I sent the package back, waiting for my refund. Well, the package was sent back almost a month ago....and now I have no idea what to do. No....I didn't pay with my creditcard, so I can't do a chargeback....I had never had a problem before, so it was an instant transfer from my bank account. As well, he is now NARU....I thought maybe that that would freeze his PayPal account, so I thought I would wait a little longer. He just came back online on Tuesday, and then someone negged him again, and he has since been NARU...

What should I do? I sent him another email to his actual email address asking about the refund, but I haven't heard anything. Is there something that I could do to force him to refund it? It's not like I can neg him....heck he's got so many in the last month, and he's NARU now.

will chargeback help? I told my bank but they say they need to wait for paypal response. I think the seller already got the money and ran away!!!!!! I hate that. wait wait and wait!!!!

It doesn't matter for your sake whether the seller is still with Paypal. The credit card company will take the money from Paypal's merchant account and it is up to Paypal to get the money back from the seller; not you.

The credit card company will typically do a "investigation" where you tell them what happened and give them any proof. You also need to mention that you tried to resolve your complaint with the seller and Paypal with unsatisfactory results. Then they will allow Paypal to respond (I think it's 30 days). If they can't provide proof it's authentic or don't respond in time you get the claim. While the investigation is taking place, the credit card company will usually give you a courtesey credit to your account.

I've worked for a company where I had to respond to chargebacks and SNAD chargebacks are difficult to win for a merchant.

Speaking of horrible times with PayPal...I thought I would maybe see what you guys could say about my situation.

I bought a handbag online....I think it was like the 10th of Feb (I posted here on this forum about it too, I think) and I didn't get it, didn't get it. I was like getting to two weeks after I ordered it. So then, the seller escalates to a dispute, saying it was delivered. Well, it was.

I sent him another email saying that I did receive the purse and that if I could please return it for a refund. He said yes, that that was his policy, so I refused delivery at the post office, and the Pay Pal claim was closed.

I sent the package back, waiting for my refund. Well, the package was sent back almost a month ago....and now I have no idea what to do. No....I didn't pay with my creditcard, so I can't do a chargeback....I had never had a problem before, so it was an instant transfer from my bank account. As well, he is now NARU....I thought maybe that that would freeze his PayPal account, so I thought I would wait a little longer. He just came back online on Tuesday, and then someone negged him again, and he has since been NARU...

What should I do? I sent him another email to his actual email address asking about the refund, but I haven't heard anything. Is there something that I could do to force him to refund it? It's not like I can neg him....heck he's got so many in the last month, and he's NARU now.

Did you have the Paypal buyer protection from the auctions (usually $200 or $2,000 depending on the type of account the seller has)? Did you send it back with tracking and can show it was delivered. If you have both you should be able to open the claim. I had this happen (but it wasn't NARU) and I got my money back from Paypal. I thought the buyers protection was supposed to be regardless of the seller's account status but if he is NARU they may find a stupid reason to deny the claim.