What leather/color combination for your workhorse?

Tamarind

Sep 7, 2006
I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I am inspired by Shopmom's thread about getting a workhorse Kelly.
Do you have a workhorse Hermes bag? Whether it's a Kelly or Birkin or something else, what do you find to be the leather and color combination that works best for you and why? Do you switch bags a lot, or tend to have one that goes with most things on most days?
I'll start:
In fall/winter, I find chocolate Togo easiest to use. I don't have to switch bags often. Raisin is nice too. Black Box is great until it rains or snows.
For spring/summer, I think it will be orange Togo. Perhaps gold, but not sure about the white stitching thing.

My workhorses are my Black Togo 35cm, Buffalo Skipper Dalmation Kelly, GPT--these 3 are the bags I am completely unafraid of throwing around or carrying in light rain. I'd say Fjord as well, but b/c that one is in my beloved grail Bleu Saphir I'm a bit more careful with it.

I agree...workhorse must travel... Lately...black togo kelly and black clemence massai... Former...black evergrain birkin...but...noticed she "wears" a bit more than togo/clemence...but...oh well, she is going to travel anyway...might need another black birkin for home...

Patz, I am glad to hear both you and Shopmom found gold Togo to be a workhorse. I think someone else on tpf called her gold Togo Kelly a workhorse too.
Is it because gold in Togo is pretty dark? I worry about a bag being too light in color. If gold works, that is great news. I love black but I don't always want to wear a black bag.

Tamarind For me the Gold Togo is the only bag I have right now that can withstand just about anything. That said, it's a great color in Togo....not too light at all. Just right for use with just about anything you can think of to wear except some dresses and fancy affairs, KWIM? I wear lot's of black and jeans and this bag just fits right in. I don't think you can go wrong with a Gold Togo Bag.....it's a staple in my wardrobe!