Seasonal Official Bottega Veneta Cruise/Resort 2011-2012 thread: Post pics and discuss here!

grandmommie, we're bag twins. annie, you won't be sorry. First, the color is not as light as the pictures indicate. The bag itself is the color of wet cement, a taupe/ beige with grey and brown thrown in. Definitely a year round color no matter where you live. grandmommie is right, the stitching is very tight. Being a needleworker, I can appreciate the time that went into creating the safari like effect merely by using different thread colors. I also agree with grandmommie when she says the bag most likely will not get soft enough to puddle but rather maintain it's shape since the overlayed stitches support the woven strips. It's truly unique and a beauty.

I knew you would love it!!! She is a keeper. Enjoy.

Thanks so much LLANeedle for the true color description. I am glad to hear that it is not as light as depicted in the catalog and that you would consider it year round. I am really, really tempted...Medium would be my size, but I have three other medium venetas and had more or less thought they probably were enough in the veneta style. Is this bag truly unique? What do you all think? If I bite the bullet, I will probably order from BV online instead of driving the hour to closest boutique to see IRL. What to do?

newbags4me said:
Thanks so much LLANeedle for the true color description. I am glad to hear that it is not as light as depicted in the catalog and that you would consider it year round. I am really, really tempted...Medium would be my size, but I have three other medium venetas and had more or less thought they probably were enough in the veneta style. Is this bag truly unique? What do you all think? If I bite the bullet, I will probably order from BV online instead of driving the hour to closest boutique to see IRL. What to do?

if you buy online, you can return it if it doesn't work for you so there is no risk.

I think you will love it...

Thanks! I have a question for for those of you who have the Safari Patchwork Veneta, How does the leather "feel" with the overlay stitches? ( A big part of the reason why I love BV is the leather is so yummy to the touch. Love picking up my bags and reaching into the suede interior.) Does this bag still have that wonderful feel to it? I love the design as I tend to like things a bit different but would like your opinion before ordering.

Thanks! I have a question for for those of you who have the Safari Patchwork Veneta, How does the leather "feel" with the overlay stitches? ( A big part of the reason why I love BV is the leather is so yummy to the touch. Love picking up my bags and reaching into the suede interior.) Does this bag still have that wonderful feel to it? I love the design as I tend to like things a bit different but would like your opinion before ordering.

It's a different kind of wonderful IMO. If what you really like about about BV is the soft buttery feel of nappa then this may not be the bag for you. Unlike nappa this one is very richly textured to the feel. It is obviously much stiffer but it is not as stiff as the Tournabuoni Veneta when it was new. It is likely not going to slouch in a puddle but it is pliable and can be easily shaped.

Before seeing it, I was worried on how the embroidery would feel on top of the leather. I was concerned about overlay as well as the feel of loose threads on top of leather. I was so glad to be proven wrong. You wont even feel the threads since the workmanship is pretty solid -- it gives off not just a python "look" but "feel" as well.

^^ agree with TDL's expert opinion. I went to check out the Safari Veneta today. While I wasn't too into the colour patches (just a personal preference), I was intrigued by 2 things -

1. How tough and sturdy it was. I don't see it slouching like regular nappa with use but it's a completely different feel and at times luxurious to the touch, like you were touching a work of art.

2. The threadwork. I was skeptical going into the boutique because I thought the threads would come loose and defeat the whole purpose of the look. What amazed me was te fact that the threading was as tight as it could be (imagine the leather as the fabric as you seamstress sews right into the leather and out again. The sewing is done right on the leather weaving) There was barely any air/ space between leather and thread, so it shoudlnt come loose unless you personally took a scissors and started snipping away. I am new to BV (really only 2 seasons in) but this bag gave me a flavor of what magic BV could conjure. If not for the coloured patches I wld have thrown my hat into the ring for this.

I can't begin to imagine how long it would take to complete all those stitches by hand! But then, I haven't sewn on leather, so I'm sure it would take me a LOT longer than it does the BV artisans.

Yes! Along with consigning my safari bag, the SA wrapped up three additional goodies.....the safari wallet, a shock zip around wallet and a shock lanyard. I resisted opening the packages. I'm so proud of myself....lol

In case anyone's interested, the Safari Patchwork Ricamato treatment is also available on a number of SLGs apart from the Veneta:

Medium cosmetic case
Large Conti zip wallet
The flatish wallet with 2 vertical zips
Zip around business card holder
Key case (see picture below. Elephant Veneta in the background)

Saw all of them IRL today and thought I'd share :smile:

attachment.php

Then, here are some pictures of the neutral colors of Cruise 2012-2013... Stucco (white), Safari, Steel.

attachment.php

Veneta heaven... Milk effiloche, Stucco, Safari Ricamato, Steel, Sunset

attachment.php

Does anyone know if the SHOCK (pink) comes in the large belly or maxi veneta bags?

I love the SHOCK pink but so far can't seem to find it in a style/size I want...

Here is my Turquoise Large Belly :smile:

IMAG0302.jpg

IMAG0303.jpg