CL for non- high heely girl

H-Angel

O.G.
Apr 9, 2010
Hi! I am a newbie for CL. I am short and would love to rock some heels - CL heels! I do not know how to walk on anything higher than 3 inches! My comfort level is 2.5 and 3 is stretching it already. But I think one can get used to it right? I have 3 kids and I always felt its awkward to be in heels and kids at the same time! I would love to hear your opinion on that as well! But this thread is to give opinion on 3 styles I found. I think they are going to work out.

1. Soso
2. Prorata
3. Shelly

I find that nm has limited size. Where do you ladies get them at? Also do they run tts? In the middle of nowhere so I cannot try them on! Pls girls, hook me up to some CL!

Also I have a concern on open toe? I had open toe hels before and I feel it's squeezing my toe too tight and it hurts! How do you all find CL open toe shoes? Are the expensive for both comfort and durability?

Hi! I am a newbie for CL. I am short and would love to rock some heels - CL heels! I do not know how to walk on anything higher than 3 inches! My comfort level is 2.5 and 3 is stretching it already. But I think one can get used to it right? I have 3 kids and I always felt its awkward to be in heels and kids at the same time! I would love to hear your opinion on that as well! But this thread is to give opinion on 3 styles I found. I think they are going to work out.

1. Soso
2. Prorata
3. Shelly

I find that nm has limited size. Where do you ladies get them at? Also do they run tts? In the middle of nowhere so I cannot try them on! Pls girls, hook me up to some CL!

I can relate to your dilemma! I am somewhat afraid of high heels, but I love CL. This can prove to be an issue due the the fact that Louboutin is the ultimate designer for high, high heels. My first CLs were 45mm, I worked my way up to 70mm and then 100mm. I think I have reached my limit with the 100mm!

Anyway, I am not very familiar with the styles you listed. I personally love Simples. Although many people think they are too simple, I love them. They are comfy, you can wear them for long periods of time, they come in a lot of colors, and they run TTS.

You might want to check the size forum to see how the styles you listed run. Also the CL website will tell you how styles run for each season.

Good luck!

Thanks hellokathiegirl! It's hard to figure pitch as the platform height differs from style to style! The site has limited info too! They just give heel height but a 4 inch heel with 1.5 platform is actually going to get me a comfortable 2.5 pitch. These styles are new for spring yet nm has practically no size availability:sad:

1. Soso
2. Prorata
3. Shelly

I've tried all three of these and found them true to size. I was just about to buy the prorata but got something else. The prorata has a sensible heel, and the platform makes it so easy to walk on. The shelly is a nice shoe too, but I would suggest getting a closed toe for your first CL since it's such a staple shoe. I also suggest the new simple 100mm. It has a platform, So the heel is really 80mm. I've got modeling pic on my collection thread if you want to check it out. Good luck.

neverenoughbags said:
I've tried all three of these and found them true to size. I was just about to buy the prorata but got something else. The prorata has a sensible heel, and the platform makes it so easy to walk on. The shelly is a nice shoe too, but I would suggest getting a closed toe for your first CL since it's such a staple shoe. I also suggest the new simple 100mm. It has a platform, So the heel is really 80mm. I've got modeling pic on my collection thread if you want to check it out. Good luck.

Wow! Thanks for your tip! I will go chech out your thread as well as new simple 100! Is that tts too? I would like to get 2 a closed toe like prorata or simple like you both suggested and an open toe for casual ! Would you wear them with jeans or short skirts?

Wow! Thanks for your tip! I will go chech out your thread as well as new simple 100! Is that tts too? I would like to get 2 a closed toe like prorata or simple like you both suggested and an open toe for casual ! Would you wear them with jeans or short skirts?

Hey! Yes it was true to size. I would suggest you get a nude pump. I wore mine nude patent simples so much this summer. With skirts, summer dresses, with pant suits and even skinny jeans. The shelly was nice. Ive even seen the shelly with the red tounge. Those would be cool too.

The only shoe out of the three I didn't take tts was the burlina. The burlina is my one high pair. They are for those times I was something sexy, and am willing to let my feet suffer. Hahaha

ok.. ipad wont let me to cl.com so I got my turn to use my imac... and must say.. I have decided on my 2!!!

I think I should get the shelley - black/red and new simple - i also want black but I know I should either get nude or camel to have variations. leaning more on camel but still thinking....

Does this style go out of season? will they sell out? Should I not wait? or will they go on sale sometime? Any tips into getting a good deal on my first 2 pairs?

ok.. ipad wont let me to cl.com so I got my turn to use my imac... and must say.. I have decided on my 2!!!

I think I should get the shelley - black/red and new simple - i also want black but I know I should either get nude or camel to have variations. leaning more on camel but still thinking....

Does this style go out of season? will they sell out? Should I not wait? or will they go on sale sometime? Any tips into getting a good deal on my first 2 pairs?

Unfortunately you chose shoes that are classics. These will be around, and will probably never go on sale, especially in those colours, since their staples. Would nude or camel go better with your skin tone? I find the nude is a pretty good match for me. Looks like I'm barefoot. The nude colours can be used just like black, as in it will go with everything. I love the shelly with the red. If they had it here in toronto, I would totally get it, but they only have the black on black. I can't wait to see them when they arrive!

Unfortunately you chose shoes that are classics. These will be around, and will probably never go on sale, especially in those colours, since their staples. Would nude or camel go better with your skin tone? I find the nude is a pretty good match for me. Looks like I'm barefoot. The nude colours can be used just like black, as in it will go with everything. I love the shelly with the red. If they had it here in toronto, I would totally get it, but they only have the black on black. I can't wait to see them when they arrive!

I think nude will blend with my skintone which makes me think I will look barefoot. It looks like you like that. I dont know that i like the barefoot look :smile: which is why I am leaning more to the camel so its darker that me. If it doesnt go on sale and is classic thats always around, I will then buy it one at a time... no reason to rush. I also looked at some boots... and suede... oh my! I am on to something NEVERENOUGHBAGS! hahhaha... but unlike chanel and lv, I think I should plan out my collection to where I am able to use them. This time no duplicates :lol:

I think nude will blend with my skintone which makes me think I will look barefoot. It looks like you like that. I dont know that i like the barefoot look :smile: which is why I am leaning more to the camel so its darker that me. If it doesnt go on sale and is classic thats always around, I will then buy it one at a time... no reason to rush. I also looked at some boots... and suede... oh my! I am on to something NEVERENOUGHBAGS! hahhaha... but unlike chanel and lv, I think I should plan out my collection to where I am able to use them. This time no duplicates :lol:

Haha. Yes, I like the barefoot look. That way you can wear it with anything! The camel will be nice too though. Yes, best to plan out. I love looking at everyone's collection of more adventurous shoes, but I know for me, I would not get much use if they are not comfy. I have my one high pair, but I know for me I'll get better use out of my staple shoes. So I plan on really thinking through any next purchases. I feel like I'm one complete with the new simples, since I wanted a black staple louboutin and the burlina doesnt fulfill that role that well. I think I'm good for Louboutins for the next little while. :smile:

Please post your purchases when they arrive!

I checked out the website again both barneys and CL.com and can no longer find new simple 100!!! What the heck?! I can only find New simple 120 :sad: i thought I was halucinating so I checked this thread and sure enough we were talking about 100! Where is it? Why can I not find it anywhere anymore :sad: Pls advise

I checked out the website again both barneys and CL.com and can no longer find new simple 100!!! What the heck?! I can only find New simple 120 :sad: i thought I was halucinating so I checked this thread and sure enough we were talking about 100! Where is it? Why can I not find it anywhere anymore :sad: Pls advise

Hey! They do exist, but I think they are just hard to find. I know that I've never seen them here in Canada until a few weeks ago. They just got them in at Davids in black and nude patent. You might have to do some searching. Maybe call the boutiques and ask them to search their system?