My new artsy has a made in USA on a cloth tag

monhelu

LV Newbie
Feb 28, 2010
My new mono artsy has a cloth tag on the inside that says made in the USA with imported materials.
Is this normal? I just bought mine from LV store a couple days ago.

I thought the made in was supposed to be on the leather part/tag.
There is a leather tag that says Louis vuitton Paris

Please look in your arrays and tell me if yours has a cloth tag inside thy says made in the...

I know I'm worried I'm not at home bag is at home
I bought it from stanford palo alto LV boutique a couple days ago....
It still had plastic wrapping on handle and blue tape becuz they just got shipment in
I will post asap

I just looked into it today because I was looking for the date stamp

That's strange. Maybe it's a new thing LV is doing for 2012. Btw to attach pic go to the reply box under "go advanced" click on the paper clip icon and attach your pics.

Hmmmm is right!!!!
I just spoke to sales rep and she said the artsy on the floor has the same label as mine,
But I can't get to the boutique until tomorrow!!!
This is my fifth time there in 1 week and I know they will be sick of me tomorrow but the tag is so bothering me!!!!!!!! I will get pic up ASAP

I think all the Artsys that they are selling now have the cloth tag in them. The company has stopped putting them on the leather tag inside. That justs say Louis Vuitton Paris. This applies to even the wallets I hear. I think I read somewhere that they started doing this because of all the emphasis consumers put on where the bag was made but I could be mistaken. They wanted the focus to be on the luxury of LV and that the quality is the same no matter where it was made. Personally I liked it better on the tag but the Artsy is still a beautiful bag.

thanks that makes me feel better and so did the sales rep, but the only thing is that I know the LV store I went to just got a new shipment in and no old shipment so they might all have this tag?

The tag does look horrible and I want to exchange it in for a bag without this tag. I am going in to the store tomorrow.

I so can not figure out how to post the pic. It is on my i phone. I transferred the pic to my laptop. But when I attach it it says the image is too big?

Should I exchange for the Sully MM? This def said made in France on the leather- I remember this for sure, I went in to see it also.

They don't have anymore of the Artsy's with the old label. They only have the new ones. I have checked myself each time I go to the mall every time they only have the ones with the cloth tag.

thanks that makes me feel better and so did the sales rep, but the only thing is that I know the LV store I went to just got a new shipment in and no old shipment so they might all have this tag?

The tag does look horrible and I want to exchange it in for a bag without this tag. I am going in to the store tomorrow.

I so can not figure out how to post the pic. It is on my i phone. I transferred the pic to my laptop. But when I attach it it says the image is too big?

Should I exchange for the Sully MM? This def said made in France on the leather- I remember this for sure, I went in to see it also.

Honestly I wouldn't choose a bag based on what kind of tag it has on the inside. If you like the Artsy for the way it looks on you, I say don't get the Sully only for the reason that you want a leather tag on the inside.