Scarves ........ Spring 2012 scarves ........

I got the CSMC c/w11 Vert Pale/Mauve/Rose Bonbon before xmas any advice what colours i could wear with this as im not used to anything green in the carre it is making me think i should change it but this seemed to be the best colouring for me from them all

This is a question only a newbie would ask:

I am trying to buy 2 twillys on the USA H site. It is saying that the quantity is not available. Is that because *I* am being limited on it, or is it because they only have 1 in stock.

I really wanted 2 matching.

(side note: is this why I sometimes see bag handles wrapped, but only one?)

maeve said:
This is a question only a newbie would ask:

I am trying to buy 2 twillys on the USA H site. It is saying that the quantity is not available. Is that because *I* am being limited on it, or is it because they only have 1 in stock.

I really wanted 2 matching.

(side note: is this why I sometimes see bag handles wrapped, but only one?)

It is because they don't have the stock - make a note of the reference no and email customer services instead saying you would like two - they may be able to help.

It is because they don't have the stock - make a note of the reference no and email customer services instead saying you would like two - they may be able to help.
Have others of you had weird responses when writing to Hermes.com customer service? I wrote this morning asking if they would be getting more stock of the Au Fil du Carre 140 cm cashmere GM in a creamy white/ocre/vieux rose (that Pierina2 bought in a store and posted lovely modeling picts of a while ago) and if they would be getting more of the Ex LIbris en Kimono GM shawl in the green/red/turquoise that Lala 28 beautifully modeled here recently. I noted to the customer service person that both shawls had been on the website for a few hours yesterday. The reply I got back makes it seem like I'm writing to them in a language from Mars--they said those were from the autumn winter collection and that they are sold out and no longer available. It's as if the person who responded didn't read my email--I was asking about the GM shawls not the 90cm scarves in those patterns. I've had responses like this other times--it seems like the customer service responder doesn't read the details in the email so doesn't appropriately reply to the question (seems to me an appropriate response would have been either, sorry those were the only ones of those particular shawls we'll be getting and you'll need to look in stores; or, we expect to be getting more at such and such a time). Has anyone else had this kind of experience?

Have others of you had weird responses when writing to Hermes.com customer service? I wrote this morning asking if they would be getting more stock of the Au Fil du Carre 140 cm cashmere GM in a creamy white/ocre/vieux rose (that Pierina2 bought in a store and posted lovely modeling picts of a while ago) and if they would be getting more of the Ex LIbris en Kimono GM shawl in the green/red/turquoise that Lala 28 beautifully modeled here recently. I noted to the customer service person that both shawls had been on the website for a few hours yesterday. The reply I got back makes it seem like I'm writing to them in a language from Mars--they said those were from the autumn winter collection and that they are sold out and no longer available. It's as if the person who responded didn't read my email--I was asking about the GM shawls not the 90cm scarves in those patterns. I've had responses like this other times--it seems like the customer service responder doesn't read the details in the email so doesn't appropriately reply to the question (seems to me an appropriate response would have been either, sorry those were the only ones of those particular shawls we'll be getting and you'll need to look in stores; or, we expect to be getting more at such and such a time). Has anyone else had this kind of experience?

This does not surprise me altho I am sorry to see you undergo such a frustrating experience. Ebay on-line customer service in my experience has pre-programmed responses that really have little to do with the question being asked.

For myself, for most kinds of customer service, I have to phone to get things clear and often ask to speak to a supervisor if I can't get a straight answer . H is never good at predicting when they will get more stuff because it seems like the various departments have little control over what they get (at least that's the story I've heard over and over). Getting a SA to do a web search sometimes works, especially if it's someone who knows you.

This does not surprise me altho I am sorry to see you undergo such a frustrating experience. Ebay on-line customer service in my experience has pre-programmed responses that really have little to do with the question being asked.

For myself, for most kinds of customer service, I have to phone to get things clear and often ask to speak to a supervisor if I can't get a straight answer . H is never good at predicting when they will get more stuff because it seems like the various departments have little control over what they get (at least that's the story I've heard over and over). Getting a SA to do a web search sometimes works, especially if it's someone who knows you.
eagle1002us,

thanks so much for your comment. I didn't realize the things you note, especially the part about them not being able to predict what they'll be getting.

I think I will call the SA who helped me locate a scarf last fall that had been on H.com but disappeared (and when I wrote to H.com to ask about locating it, got a weird reply...). I live where we don't have an H store, but I met this SA when shopping in an actual store in another city while on vacation. She might remember me. Thanks again!