What do you think about this colour YAY or NAY

Do you love this or hate it

• Love it

• Don't like it

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nov 9, 2010
Hi does anyone know what sort of leather design this is, its completely different to my 2 city's & what do you all think of the colour & the finish as I am very tempted to buy this.

photo53.jpg

Hi does anyone know what sort of leather design this is, its completely different to my 2 city's & what do you all think of the colour & the finish as I am very tempted to buy this.

photo53.jpg

That is the LE lizard embossed City. You should look at the tag. If the material is "veau", then it is calfskin. If it says "agneau", then it is lambskin. Love the color! Electric!!! I had one in castagna and loved the feel of it, however, I returned it after seeing handle defects. Check yours over very carefully to make sure it is in the condition you want.

That is the LE lizard embossed City. You should look at the tag. If the material is "veau", then it is calfskin. If it says "agneau", then it is lambskin. Love the color! Electric!!! I had one in castagna and loved the feel of it, however, I returned it after seeing handle defects. Check yours over very carefully to make sure it is in the condition you want.

This is a return as there is some wear on the corners but they said they would return it to Balenciaga & they are letting me have it for £600 instead of £950 but will Bal be able to restore it or not, I think she said its calf skin

This is a return as there is some wear on the corners but they said they would return it to Balenciaga & they are letting me have it for £600 instead of £950 but will Bal be able to restore it or not, I think she said its calf skin

I don't know if Bal can restore it and if so, what the process and cost would be. Good luck with that!

I'm not fan of neon or electric blues - that's just me. That's why I like the new Bleu Cobalt so much...it's rich & saturated...sort of bright but not super bright. It's important to please yourself when it comes to bags though :smile:

I had this very bag but sold it a while ago. It is STUNNING in person. It is bright but not the typical neon bright. I think it's more like electric blue, but not neon blue. It's not the kind of bright color that hurts your eye the second you lay your eyes on it.

IMHO none of the other Bal blue even comes close to this one. HOWEVER, as mentioned above, this bag does not age well. The leather is stiff and dry and extremely prone to wear. I never baby my bags and NONE of my other bal bags has any worn corner and cracked leather. However, this bag had two small scuff the first time I carried it to reveal the white underneath, which is very obvious due to the contrast with neon blue. The piping was also full of white cracks due to the nature of this lizard embossed leather (I think). It is the most beautiful Bbag that I've ever seen IRL and I always got compliments when I wore it (the SA at HR even raced to me to see it), but I can't justify keeping a bag that I will not use. When I put it out for sale, it was gone in seconds. I miss the bag but I don't regret selling it, if this makes sense. If you have a hard time making a decision, maybe get it first and decide later since it's very sought after.

Here's a couple pictures of my bag when I first received it. They don't do it justice but they can give a better look at the color. :P

Attachments

• P1000686.JPG
    P1000686.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 152
  • P1000687.JPG
    P1000687.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 151
I had this very bag but sold it a while ago. It is STUNNING in person. It is bright but not the typical neon bright. I think it's more like electric blue, but not neon blue. It's not the kind of bright color that hurts your eye the second you lay your eyes on it.

IMHO none of the other Bal blue even comes close to this one. HOWEVER, as mentioned above, this bag does not age well. The leather is stiff and dry and extremely prone to wear. I never baby my bags and NONE of my other bal bags has any worn corner and cracked leather. However, this bag had two small scuff the first time I carried it to reveal the white underneath, which is very obvious due to the contrast with neon blue. The piping was also full of white cracks due to the nature of this lizard embossed leather (I think). It is the most beautiful Bbag that I've ever seen IRL and I always got compliments when I wore it (the SA at HR even raced to me to see it), but I can't justify keeping a bag that I will not use. When I put it out for sale, it was gone in seconds. I miss the bag but I don't regret selling it, if this makes sense. If you have a hard time making a decision, maybe get it first and decide later since it's very sought after.
Thanks for telling me this as its helped me decide that I'm going to pass on the bag even though that colour is TDF so I'm totally gutted but the bag already has signs of the white coming through, such a shame as its such a striking colour & if only Bal did this on the lambs leather :sad: