Need your advice on 3rd flap in 1 month

Pinkannie

O.G.
Sep 30, 2008
Ok so this is indeed a slippery road. I just bought my first Chanel bag a month ago. It's a distressed black calf 227 reissue with gold hw. Then I thought I better get a classic flap before the price increase so I bought a beige Clair caviar M/L with gold hw, perfect for an evening out with hubby. I wasn't thinking about a third one but JUST happened to stumble upon a fellow tpfer's info on a 11A dark red caviar jumbo with silver hw available in Saks. I believe that may be the very last one in the states!

I had it charged on my card already but it hasn't been shipped yet. So I like to ask my lovely tpfer's opinion if I should really get this one. My rational is 1. Price is increasing soon; 2. Red caviar jumbo is not available this season. 3. I love red bags and with all 3 I should be set for life.

My only hesitation would be I've never seen this color in real life. Can someone post pics of it in sun light or describe it? Is it a neutral red or it's bright orangey red? I like a dark muted one like the 09s....

I hope I don't bored you with my indecisive mind!! My husband thinks I'm crazy for buying 3 in a months time. I am sooo done after this.....

I would say the red is not like a tomato orangey red, but definitely is a true brick red. So it's not the brightest of the reds in CHANEL but it's not a deep burgundy either. If you like a deep red, then I think you'd be happy with it.

...So I say have it sent your way!

Ok so this is indeed a slippery road. I just bought my first Chanel bag a month ago. It's a distressed black calf 227 reissue with gold hw. Then I thought I better get a classic flap before the price increase so I bought a beige Clair caviar M/L with gold hw, perfect for an evening out with hubby. I wasn't thinking about a third one but JUST happened to stumble upon a fellow tpfer's info on a 11A dark red caviar jumbo with silver hw available in Saks. I believe that may be the very last one in the states!

I had it charged on my card already but it hasn't been shipped yet. So I like to ask my lovely tpfer's opinion if I should really get this one. My rational is 1. Price is increasing soon; 2. Red caviar jumbo is not available this season. 3. I love red bags and with all 3 I should be set for life.

My only hesitation would be I've never seen this color in real life. Can someone post pics of it in sun light or describe it? Is it a neutral red or it's bright orangey red? I like a dark muted one like the 09s....

I hope I don't bored you with my indecisive mind!! My husband thinks I'm crazy for buying 3 in a months time. I am sooo done after this.....
I may be the dissenter here, but I ended up returning an 11a red WOC. The color looked nice in the picture but when I received it, it really looked dead to me. Not an exciting shade of red and it looked somewhat somber if that makes sense. I also think the color makes it only useful in the fall/winter and not a year round shade of red. When we pay this kind of money, I would like for the bag to work well year round.

shosho811 said:
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/my-welcome-to-the-world-of-chanel-handbags-720636.html

I have this same bag and love it to bits. I have been using it non stop. (pics in thread above)

I don't think this shade of red can only be used during the fall/winter season, it's more of a year round shade to me and it goes with any colour, which some red shades can not do.

It is definitely a neutral red.

Get it, you won't regret it. :hugs:

Shosho811 I had actually been staring at your photo the whole day! My question is does the bag in natural daylight look more like the photos you took with flash or without? Cuz it looks dark without flash, almost leaning toward burgandy. As I want to wear it year round I don't want it to be so winter like if you know what I mean. Thanks so much for answering my questions!!

Shosho811 I had actually been staring at your photo the whole day! My question is does the bag in natural daylight look more like the photos you took with flash or without? Cuz it looks dark without flash, almost leaning toward burgandy. As I want to wear it year round I don't want it to be so winter like if you know what I mean. Thanks so much for answering my questions!!

Scroll down to thread #384, on this link. Really good photos of the 11A red. It's a deeper red, perfect for fall/winter. http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-c...ost-your-red-chanel-items-here-199808-26.html

I think the best colour in natural daylight is depicted in the above link that Brigitta provided.

I feel it's a year round bag, definitely.

PF2010 said:
I may be the dissenter here, but I ended up returning an 11a red WOC. The color looked nice in the picture but when I received it, it really looked dead to me. Not an exciting shade of red and it looked somewhat somber if that makes sense. I also think the color makes it only useful in the fall/winter and not a year round shade of red. When we pay this kind of money, I would like for the bag to work well year round.

You had totally nailed my concern! I think my final decision will be the moment I have it in my hand.....

shosho811 said:
I think the best colour in natural daylight is depicted in the above link that Brigitta provided.

I feel it's a year round bag, definitely.

#384 and 380 are the same color same year right? Between this two photos I like 380 better. Oh headache!