Did I Pass Up a Good Deal?

Sep 19, 2009
I was at a local consignment boutique yesterday and they had a Balenciaga City Bag in Dusty Rose. It was in good shape, not great, It was marked 10 year anniversary Neiman Marcus. I do believe it was authentic as this shop has a very good reputation. It was $400. The reason I passed it up is that it had dark blue denim stains on the back/bottom of the purse. It was a dusty rose suede so I figured those stains would not come out. Now I'm having second thoughts. The front of the bag was unstained and in excellent condition.
What do you think? I do now own a Balenciaga and would like one but am thinking I would rather invest in new. Did I pass up a good deal?

Agreeing with Maxxout here.

If the bag had not been suede....if it had not been such a delicate color...if...if..it might have been worth it. I've had good luck with LMB's botanical cleanser but certainly not on this type of leather or color.

I think you were wise to have passed. It almost certainly would have made you craaazy. :wtf:

I agree! $400 is quite a bit to spend on a bag with some bigger, harder to remove imperfections! I would put that towards a bag that a bag that you truly love, not one bought on impulse because of the price =)

As it was suede I would have passed too...

I was tempted by a stained 08 electric yellow city I saw some time ago and sent pics to barbara at lovingmybags, the restoration price meant that the overall cost would have been more than the cost of a new one, so I passed.

Such 'deals' will come again soon(I hope;))

No, very good you passed. Don't ever want to throw my good hard earned money at something that doesn't even reflect the price I paid for it.

Passing is the right idea, especially for suede. Suede is just too hard to keep "nice", imo. Save that $$ for a nice bag, it will come along.

Lol I have that often too! For your bal city, 400 is a very good price, I've never seen anything even preowned go for that cheap. Denim spots are no way to get rid off, if it's just slightly on the bottom of the bag, which you probably won't see, I will probably get it:smile: