Marcie - nut or tan?

Jenkats

Jun 27, 2007
Hi, please could you help me decide. I want to get a large Marcie, so I can fit my stuff and the kids stuff. I love the Nut but am worried it may stain or get dirty easily. Would tan be a more practical colour? Are they different leathers? The nut looks to be a more softer leather. All help appreciated. Jen

I love the Tan, the nut to me looks washed out, have been searching for another Marcie myself, but I want a lighter color for Spring/Summer, considering getting the Milk or Natural. They do make the Marcie sometimes in lamb but those are usually out for a limited time.

Reactions: momoffour
Tan is a warmer color, nut is a cool color It is lighter. I personally like tan better. The color on net a porter looks like tan or wood. You have to decide what would fit with your wardrobe & your coloring more. I did not look good wearing the nut color, but some people do. The tan (mine is caramel - which is warm & is very similar to tan) looks much more flattering on my skin & with my wardrobe.

I love the Tan, the nut to me looks washed out, have been searching for another Marcie myself, but I want a lighter color for Spring/Summer, considering getting the Milk or Natural. They do make the Marcie sometimes in lamb but those are usually out for a limited time.

I agree that Nut is sort of washed out looking but I could still go for it personally. I have only seen Tan or Black irl. The 'tan' I've seen irl is gorgeous but I heard some members talking about other shades similar to Tan called Wood maybe? Could be wrong about official colour.

Somebody says it looks too much like 70's brown vinyl? I'm pretty sure the Tan I've seen isn't the new "wood" colour.

I prefer Nut, but that is just my opinion. I like how it is a taupe-neutral-light brown...not always easy to find in a great handbag, more unique in a sense. The Tan is much more saturated with color, more of burnt-orange British Tan. It's very nice if you want a warm, rich tan shade.

As far as the Wood on Paraty, I may be wrong but it looks more soft and muted this season as opposed to last year's version. More of a cognac, less orangey-brown. I prefer the new version, if in fact it is different. It may just be that the dye is slightly different for each 'batch' that get produced.

But it looks like you have made your decision....and Tan is gorgeous.

beachgirl38 said:
Tan is a warmer color, nut is a cool color It is lighter. I personally like tan better. The color on net a porter looks like tan or wood. You have to decide what would fit with your wardrobe & your coloring more. I did not look good wearing the nut color, but some people do. The tan (mine is caramel - which is warm & is very similar to tan) looks much more flattering on my skin & with my wardrobe.

As much as I love the Nut shade, I'm guessing that I won't wear it as well. In general, I think blondes look fabulous with this colour...even if it's an accessory but when blondes do monochrome neutral (anywhere from winter white, cream, linen, oatmeal, camel...thinking cashmere here ) ...they are outstanding with a large Chloe Marcie in nut!

If I want to stay soft-neutral, I still a need a certain pop of colour such as the coral or British tan. Nut is gorgeous but it probably cannot be my choice ... I've only seen tan, black and creamy porcelain Marcie irl (except tiny flap xbody bag in nut). I'm glad to have seen the eucalyptus leather but it's not in one of the Marcie bags that I want.

I personally like the Nut as i found it slightly more unusual in real life - you have to see it in real life to appreciate the colour, i think, it definitely can look washed-out on a computer screen. I found the Tan to be slightly more common, but that could be just me! I like that the Nut carries well for more formal looks, whereas the Tan i find tends to make a look "casual" instantly.

I personally like the Nut as i found it slightly more unusual in real life - you have to see it in real life to appreciate the colour, i think, it definitely can look washed-out on a computer screen. I found the Tan to be slightly more common, but that could be just me! I like that the Nut carries well for more formal looks, whereas the Tan i find tends to make a look "casual" instantly.

I see your point...Tan has a ruggedness to it...it does not look delicate.

I have see Nut but only on the tiny Marcie cross body ($495 usd?). It is a beautiful colour. I'm sure it would look very impressive as a large bag! I swoon :faint: Yea, I've purchased out taupe handbags...I wonder?...even if I'm not a blond???

Ultimately, it's nice to have everything right in the store to try on and in the end, who can just choose ONE?