I just ordered my first pair of Jimmy Choos

Dec 22, 2011
I ordered the black leather Eros.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...00199cat11120738cat35050745&isEditorial=false

I hope they're as sexy on me as they look online. I wanted something kind of basic with a sexy twist. Does anyone have experience with the Eros? Or the Cosmic? The Eros looks like the Cosmic, but with a higher heel, and I liked the Cosmic on me, but I didn't think it had a steep enough incline. Opinions?

Sorry to go off on a tangent in here :shame: but I have a quick question about the fit of Jimmy Choos. CLs are too squishy on my toes, and I find YSLs the most comfy. Miu Mius don't fit the arch of my feet at all. How will JCs fit me, do ya think? I'm looking at the Gilberts btw. Thanks so cute :love:

So, here they are. I thought they would be perfect, but now I'm thinking they're a little too much for an every day (work appropriate) shoe. I went back to Neiman's and Nord today to try on the Cosmic, and neither had kid leather in stock, but either can order it for me. I haven't shown my husband yet, but he'll be the deciding factor. I'll probably bring these in to Neiman's tonight and compare the height to the Cosmic, side by side, and go from there. Sad, I probably will be exchanging them, meaning I won't have them for NYE like I'd planned.

Attachments

• image-2918233975.png
    image-2918233975.png
    720.2 KB · Views: 424
Sorry to go off on a tangent in here :shame: but I have a quick question about the fit of Jimmy Choos. CLs are too squishy on my toes, and I find YSLs the most comfy. Miu Mius don't fit the arch of my feet at all. How will JCs fit me, do ya think? I'm looking at the Gilberts btw. Thanks so cute :love:

I think you'll like the gilbert, not as high as some other styles, but the arch is more manageable.

So, here they are. I thought they would be perfect, but now I'm thinking they're a little too much for an every day (work appropriate) shoe. I went back to Neiman's and Nord today to try on the Cosmic, and neither had kid leather in stock, but either can order it for me. I haven't shown my husband yet, but he'll be the deciding factor. I'll probably bring these in to Neiman's tonight and compare the height to the Cosmic, side by side, and go from there. Sad, I probably will be exchanging them, meaning I won't have them for NYE like I'd planned.

I agree, too high for everyday work shoes, more for a night out. They sure make your legs look longer! Are they comfy?

I think you'll like the gilbert, not as high as some other styles, but the arch is more manageable.

I looked up the Gilbert, and it is a very pretty shoe. It has a little shorter heel than I'd like, though, and it's not quite the style I'm looking for. Thanks for the idea! I'm always open to ideas!

I agree, too high for everyday work shoes, more for a night out. They sure make your legs look longer! Are they comfy?

They were comfy, but just too much. I returned them, and I think I've decided to get the YSL Tribtoo instead. My husband really liked that style more than either JC.

I don't know much about JC. The Eros were comfy, but the Cosmic was more comfy. I haven't tried on the Gilbert.

The Gilberts are fairly conservative with a 3 inch heel. They run TTS, as with most JCs. The toebox is slightly narrower than JC's sandals but run standard compared to JC's other work shoes. I have a pair in my collection thread, post #210:

http://forum.purseblog.com/your-bag...ittle-world-of-bags-shoes-more-650641-21.html

They are very comfortable for me, but I have regular to slightly narrow feet (CLs in the toebox are perfect on me).

I'm sorry they didn't work out for you, but I don't think either the Eros, Cosmic (which is a 10mm lower in heel height and has a straight heel compared to a curved Eros heel), or the YSL shoes that you have in mind now are appropriate for work. Do others in your work place wear heels as high as these? I would just double check with your work environment and regulations there because in a fairly formal and conservative office, heels this high are very much inappropriate. If you're office is more casual, then enjoy your new (YSL?) shoes! Happy New Year!

CEC.LV4eva said:
I'm sorry they didn't work out for you, but I don't think either the Eros, Cosmic (which is a 10mm lower in heel height and has a straight heel compared to a curved Eros heel), or the YSL shoes that you have in mind now are appropriate for work. Do others in your work place wear heels as high as these? I would just double check with your work environment and regulations there because in a fairly formal and conservative office, heels this high are very much inappropriate. If you're office is more casual, then enjoy your new (YSL?) shoes! Happy New Year!

Good thoughts! My office is very casual. There are only two of us that wear heels, but we both wear higher heels. Women typically wear leggings with tunics, mid length skirts, dress pants with tees, etc. and men wear khakis with polos and Sperry's, typically. The height would definitely be appropriate for either the Tribtoo or the Cosmic.