Not a happy bunny

Aug 25, 2010
I bought an o/s Alexa in conker when they first came out but I was so miffed by the packing that I sent it right back.
After waiting and waiting on Christmas Eve it came on sale woohoo!! and I finally got my hands on one.
It came today and I am gutted, the postmans lock had a very deep scratch on it, the scratch was deep enough to feel!!!
The leather had a 15cm scratch on the front, a roughly 20cm scratch on the side another scratch on the bottom and black inking on the front it looked like it had been used a lot.
So I have decided that I'm am not supposed to have one...sigh :crybaby:
Just needed to have a jolly good moan as I am one unhappy girl as I sent my Effie Satchel back as I couldn't justify 2 bags in as many weeks..I'm really fed up humph

I bought an o/s Alexa in conker when they first came out but I was so miffed by the packing that I sent it right back.
After waiting and waiting on Christmas Eve it came on sale woohoo!! and I finally got my hands on one.
It came today and I am gutted, the postmans lock had a very deep scratch on it, the scratch was deep enough to feel!!!
The leather had a 15cm scratch on the front, a roughly 20cm scratch on the side another scratch on the bottom and black inking on the front it looked like it had been used a lot.
So I have decided that I'm am not supposed to have one...sigh :crybaby:
Just needed to have a jolly good moan as I am one unhappy girl as I sent my Effie Satchel back as I couldn't justify 2 bags in as many weeks..I'm really fed up humph

Hi Minky,

How gutting for you. I'm not surprised you're fed up. Before you parcel it up to send back, take some photographs and then attach them to a letter if complaint to M head office. It may achieve nothing more than venting your spleen, but you never know they may offer you some discount due to your inconvenience...?
I hope you finally find the bag of your dreams.

:tup:

Hi Minky,

How gutting for you. I'm not surprised you're fed up. Before you parcel it up to send back, take some photographs and then attach them to a letter if complaint to M head office. It may achieve nothing more than venting your spleen, but you never know they may offer you some discount due to your inconvenience...?
I hope you finally find the bag of your dreams.

:tup:

Hi Mooshooshoo,
I was so angry I sent it back after work without thinking, but I did call customer services determined to vent a little hot air but the girl was so nice I couldn't be angry with her..and of course its all sold out now :tdown::tdown::tdown:
But the carrier bag was second hand as it had stickers on to seal and they had already been opened and the bag was packed with what looked like chip shop paper instead of the usual paper they use. I'm sorry but if you pay over £600 for a bag I want it perfect..
Thank you so much for your kind words Mooshoo....I just bought an Oak Alexa off ebay and I bet she's in a lot better condition than the conker.

Hi Mooshooshoo,
I was so angry I sent it back after work without thinking, but I did call customer services determined to vent a little hot air but the girl was so nice I couldn't be angry with her..and of course its all sold out now :tdown::tdown::tdown:
But the carrier bag was second hand as it had stickers on to seal and they had already been opened and the bag was packed with what looked like chip shop paper instead of the usual paper they use. I'm sorry but if you pay over £600 for a bag I want it perfect..
Thank you so much for your kind words Mooshoo....I just bought an Oak Alexa off ebay and I bet she's in a lot better condition than the conker.

Hi Minky,
Totally agree with you there, at Mulberry's price-points and reputation as an international luxe brand, you expect much better. I hope it's true love between you and your Alexa and will be looking out for you doing a reveal.
Love your JRs:doggie::doggie::doggie:

Hi Minky,
Totally agree with you there, at Mulberry's price-points and reputation as an international luxe brand, you expect much better. I hope it's true love between you and your Alexa and will be looking out for you doing a reveal.
Love your JRs:doggie::doggie::doggie:

Quite right. Fingers crossed for my new alexa and I love your doggies to..not clued up but are they Schnauzers? They look stunning :flowers:

You both do have cute doggies! And I am sorry you went through that, that's so unacceptable! I would be upset as well. Maybe send an email of complaint to them as well explaining what happened (even though you sent the bag back) and like Mooshooshoo said, you might get some compensation? I hope the Oak Alexa works out for you!

You poor thing, I'd be gutted as well... I got the 'last' OS Conker Alexa in Edinburgh earlier in week, got it home and saw a fault in the leather at the back of it and had to take it back... I was not a happy bunny either..
Definitely complain!!...
Anyway, enjoy your Oak Alexa.

Last sale I bought a Tillie satchel, only to find a small scratch on it. Long story short, I wrote to Mulberry in Somerset and enclosed pictures (emailed). They were brilliant and they enclosed a 10% off voucher as I decided to keep the bag. They also knocked off 50 pounds of the price of the bag if I remember rightly. Good luck and dont take no for an answer.......