Advertised, Promoted, Yet So Rare You Can't Get One?

Been 2 Asnieres

Seriously Hardsided
Nov 24, 2011
Have there been discussions about limited editions that don't even seem to exist?
I just ordered the "last one in the country" (USA, Puerto Rico and St Barts) Boston Damier reversible belt in Fuison (orange-red.) This will match my Keepall of which there were apparently 3: NY 5th Ave, Aventura, and South Coast Plaza. I mean these things are featured in the Christmas catalogue and on the LV website in "lifestyle videos" but they're either sold out, or have not yet arrived? Any thoughts? Just preserving exclusivity or not enough manufacturing capacity? Try finding one of these flasks:

Attachments

• 01020m Vuitton Spring Summer 2012.jpg
    01020m Vuitton Spring Summer 2012.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 275
Have there been discussions about limited editions that don't even seem to exist?
I just ordered the "last one in the country" (USA, Puerto Rico and St Barts) Boston Damier reversible belt in Fuison (orange-red.) This will match my Keepall of which there were apparently 3: NY 5th Ave, Aventura, and South Coast Plaza. I mean these things are featured in the Christmas catalogue and on the LV website in "lifestyle videos" but they're either sold out, or have not yet arrived? Any thoughts? Just preserving exclusivity or not enough manufacturing capacity? Try finding one of these flasks:

Are you sure the flasks actually made it into production? Often the runway shows have many different bag prototypes but only ~10% (guestimate number) of the items go into full production for the Limited Edition Runway line. I think the flask is pretty neat so I'm hoping they actually made them.

I would expect an item like the flask to be very limited, if available for sale at all. If I wanted the flask, I would hound my SA to get all information about the flask and impress upon her that I'm VERY interested in purchaseing it.

GL & it would be awesome to see you do a reveal!

Yes, the flask is an extreme example. (probably in the same category as a window display feature - made for in-house use only) I mainly was commenting on items like the belt I ordered which seemed just like a belt, until I found out there was only one left! Then it became an obsession. Their master plan is working!

Another example may be the new Epi colours which were to be released Jan 1 but have now been pushed back to (maybe) Jan 15. Unless their elves have been really hard at work, I'm betting it will be very difficult to find a particular item in a particular colour. They will be more like impulse items - something you pick up while you're in the store.

Just some idle thoughts. Not trying to be negative. Love the product; love the brand; love the hunt!