Opinions Please on this Hermes Watch

Sabella

Sep 27, 2010
Hello Hermes Lovers,

I'd like your opinion on this Kelly watch. I've always admired this style, but I don't know anything about Hemers watches.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190606836030?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

1. Is the price good?
2. Is this watch still sold in the boutiques?
3. How much does it cost to get a new band?
4. Does anyone here know the seller?

Once I get some feedback on the watch, I am getting it authenticated.

Thanks

1. i think only you can decide. a suggestion, perhaps you can check ebay for past prices of this watch or similar H watches
2. yes it is..suggest you check out hermes.com for an idea about prices..
3. don't know, maybe give your closest H store a call to find out if possible and the price. their phone numbers can be found on hermes.com
4. nope

good idea to get it authenticated!

1. i think only you can decide. a suggestion, perhaps you can check ebay for past prices of this watch or similar H watches
2. yes it is..suggest you check out hermes.com for an idea about prices..
3. don't know, maybe give your closest H store a call to find out if possible and the price. their phone numbers can be found on hermes.com
4. nope

good idea to get it authenticated!

Thanks! :biggrin:

Hi there, I have exact same watch that was given to me as a gift 20 years ago. I remember the price must have been around US$1,000 and that era US$ was still strong. I have no idea what the current price is like. Another thing I can tell you is that my watch is in a very condition (as well as the leather watch band) is because I hardly wear it. Because the watch is styled in a certain mobile way, it is beautiful and extraordinary but at the same time bothering for me. It click-clacks whenever I move my arm and it sort of like is....too noisy for me. I tried to make it a necklace since you can remove the watch from the band very easily, and that works better than on a bracelet.
Thats all info from me, I hope you come to a good decision. :lol:

Hi there, I have exact same watch that was given to me as a gift 20 years ago. I remember the price must have been around US$1,000 and that era US$ was still strong. I have no idea what the current price is like. Another thing I can tell you is that my watch is in a very condition (as well as the leather watch band) is because I hardly wear it. Because the watch is styled in a certain mobile way, it is beautiful and extraordinary but at the same time bothering for me. It click-clacks whenever I move my arm and it sort of like is....too noisy for me. I tried to make it a necklace since you can remove the watch from the band very easily, and that works better than on a bracelet.
Thats all info from me, I hope you come to a good decision. :lol:

Thanks so much for the feedback. I never thought that this watch makes noise. Hmmmm, something to consider. :smile:

The tpf members who do this on the authentication thread are really knowledgeable and helpful.
A new Kelly watch is on the Hermes US website for $2375.
I have an old Kelly watch like this one, and just this year ordered a new band for it from the Madison Avenue store. The band cost $200. I only ordered the leather part (the hardware on the band itself got removed from the old band and put on the new band). I could have paid more (not sure how much) to have a new leather band with a new hardware part on it. This is separate from the Kelly lock. I decided to keep the old hardware because the Kelly lock itself is also old and I want them to look the same age.
I love the Kelly watch but it is not the easiest to use as a watch. It's more for style than function. It's hard to read for one thing. And the lock part moves around, which bothers some people. The lock is removable and it can be worn as a locket, or hooked on to things like a Collier de Chien bracelet (though it does swing around there and can scratch the hardware of the bracelet, too).
Hermes boutiques and some department stores have the Kelly watches, so it's a good idea to try one on if possible, so you can decide if the dangling/noise might bother you.
I love my Kelly watch despite all of its impractical qualities.

The tpf members who do this on the authentication thread are really knowledgeable and helpful.
A new Kelly watch is on the Hermes US website for $2375.
I have an old Kelly watch like this one, and just this year ordered a new band for it from the Madison Avenue store. The band cost $200. I only ordered the leather part (the hardware on the band itself got removed from the old band and put on the new band). I could have paid more (not sure how much) to have a new leather band with a new hardware part on it. This is separate from the Kelly lock. I decided to keep the old hardware because the Kelly lock itself is also old and I want them to look the same age.
I love the Kelly watch but it is not the easiest to use as a watch. It's more for style than function. It's hard to read for one thing. And the lock part moves around, which bothers some people. The lock is removable and it can be worn as a locket, or hooked on to things like a Collier de Chien bracelet (though it does swing around there and can scratch the hardware of the bracelet, too).
Hermes boutiques and some department stores have the Kelly watches, so it's a good idea to try one on if possible, so you can decide if the dangling/noise might bother you.
I love my Kelly watch despite all of its impractical qualities.

Thanks so much! I love the watch, and I'm going to check with the authenticator. I am really new to Hermes (have only one Birking and a Twilly).

Thanks again for a great advice. :biggrin:

Thanks so much! I love the watch, and I'm going to check with the authenticator. I am really new to Hermes (have only one Birking and a Twilly).

Thanks again for a great advice. :biggrin:

If it's authentic and in working condition, it's a good price to get compared to a new one. Then you can order a new band. You can get different color/leather bands also.

Some people also take the lock and hang it as a bag charm, or in place of the lock on a Kelly bag. You could hang it on your Birkin like a cadena. Or thread it through the twilly and tie it. You just want to make sure not to lose the lock because to me it's the best part of the watch.

Good luck!

I have this same watch in black croc. You could go to the H stores and buy new bands, different colors, etc. You can use it like an accessory on your H bags like other users suggested. It is a gorgeous and classic watch, IMO.