Is the lux tote supposed to do this?

a_coachlover

Jul 26, 2011
I bought the Saffiano Lux tote ( style number 1884 I believe) yesterday. When I went to put my stuff in it today, I noticed that the bottom of the bag bulges and there are little creases in the front and back from it. Now mind you, I don't carry my life in my bag or anything. I have a small wallet, my planner, sunglasses, kindle, my makeup and a pacifier....nothing that I thought would cause my bag to bulge like this.

Any ideas on how to fix it? Is it supposed to do this or should I get the larger size?

On your dilemma thread, I posted to you:

My only caveat is that with the BN1844, you sort of lose the nice structure when you start carrying heavy stuff in it. I put my 13" Macbook Pro in it, and the bottom started bulging. It was even more noticeable with my son's library books in it. I can't speak to the BN1786 (with the zippers), so maybe someone else can tell you how that one holds up.

As lovely as the bag is, it doesn't look that great when you carry something slightly heavy.

Maybe get a base shaper.

Good grief! I kept trying to figure out what that was called, and couldn't for the life of me. :shame: A lot of my larger bags come with one, either built in, or removable. I had no idea one could actually buy one separately.

Another thing I've noticed with the BN1844 is that although some might be able to wear it on their shoulder, the base is wide enough that the bag loses its shape when you do so. It collapsed inward, where it met my body.

Can any BN1876 owners chime in with regard to this? I'm wondering if the zippers help the bag to hold its shape a little better.