World's Largest Malls *pics*

malls_9.jpg

King of Prussia Mall
This product of the original U.S. mall building surge in the early 1960s still survives on the top 10 list, at least until the next big project goes up in Asia. Billing itself as the "premier shopping destination on the East Coast," this mall takes advantage of its location right off the Pennsylvania Turnpike to draw shoppers from New York, New Jersey and Maryland to its 400 stores. Despite a lack of theme parks and other modern amenities, package deals with Radisson Hotels and cross-marketing with nearby attractions like the Revolutionary War encampment at Valley Forge draw out-of-state shoppers looking to get away for a day or two.

OMG! I thought it was Mall of the Emirates in Dubai.. The design is almost the same..

And Dubai is SOON joining the list :wlae: :wlae:

I did not see mall of america listed in this list from forbes.

How far is Edmunton from Winnipeg? We go to Winnipeg on our way to Lake Louise. I'm wondering if a side trip to the big mall is in order?!

malls_9.jpg

King of Prussia Mall
This product of the original U.S. mall building surge in the early 1960s still survives on the top 10 list, at least until the next big project goes up in Asia. Billing itself as the "premier shopping destination on the East Coast," this mall takes advantage of its location right off the Pennsylvania Turnpike to draw shoppers from New York, New Jersey and Maryland to its 400 stores. Despite a lack of theme parks and other modern amenities, package deals with Radisson Hotels and cross-marketing with nearby attractions like the Revolutionary War encampment at Valley Forge draw out-of-state shoppers looking to get away for a day or two.

Awwww, I know exactly where this picture is! The second floor level in this pic is the "nice" food court. The main side of KOP Mall (The Plaza) has two different food courts: one with all the fast food chains (where all the high school kids hang out), and this one. I practically lived at this mall while I was in Philly for grad school. It has Neimans, Hermes, LV, Bloomingdales, Burberry, Nordstroms, etc., and NO TAX on clothes or shoes... I LOVE that place!:love:

Awwww, I know exactly where this picture is! The second floor level in this pic is the "nice" food court. The main side of KOP Mall (The Plaza) has two different food courts: one with all the fast food chains (where all the high school kids hang out), and this one. I practically lived at this mall while I was in Philly for grad school. It has Neimans, Hermes, LV, Bloomingdales, Burberry, Nordstroms, etc., and NO TAX on clothes or shoes... I LOVE that place!:love:

No Tax? No Tax? How did they manage to do that? What's the sales tax in PA anyways?

I did not see mall of america listed in this list from forbes.

How far is Edmunton from Winnipeg? We go to Winnipeg on our way to Lake Louise. I'm wondering if a side trip to the big mall is in order?!

Edmonton is over 1000 km (~750 miles) away from Winnipeg. It's only 300km (185miles) from Lake Louise tho :smile:

I live in Edmonton and maybe I'm just jaded but WEM is far from impressive. If it had some higher-end stores that might change my mind but it's mostly low to mid-range chain stores. I mean like BR, Gap, A&F, Hollister, Forever21, Urban Outfitters, Zara, Aritzia, FCUK and we're getting a Sephora and H&M in the near future. Don't get me wrong, it's huge and everything but definitely not the shopping mecca that some may expect.

Edmonton is over 1000 km (~750 miles) away from Winnipeg. It's only 300km (185miles) from Lake Louise tho :smile:

I live in Edmonton and maybe I'm just jaded but WEM is far from impressive. If it had some higher-end stores that might change my mind but it's mostly low to mid-range chain stores. I mean like BR, Gap, A&F, Hollister, Forever21, Urban Outfitters, Zara, Aritzia, FCUK and we're getting a Sephora and H&M in the near future. Don't get me wrong, it's huge and everything but definitely not the shopping mecca that some may expect.

Heh, I live in Edmonton too. Totally agree, 'the mall' is overrated. I just noticed last week that there is a BCBG store there too now.

Maybe I'm jaded because I go there every week ;) doesn't seem overly special to me.