Black Kid Leather Bianca's for an interview?

xlovely

♥ loves Louboutins ♥
O.G.
Aug 14, 2010
Hey ladies!

Do you think my black kid leather Bianca's would be appropriate for a job interview? It is for a civil defense law firm in the heart of downtown LA.
I don't really have any other heels that are of lower height and conservative shape, but I am pretty short (5'2) so I don't think it'd be too obvious that I am wearing towering shoes (I hope?).
I'd wear them with slim dress pants and a blouse of some sort.

TIA! :heart:

Hey ladies!

Do you think my black kid leather Bianca's would be appropriate for a job interview? It is for a civil defense law firm in the heart of downtown LA.
I don't really have any other heels that are of lower height and conservative shape, but I am pretty short (5'2) so I don't think it'd be too obvious that I am wearing towering shoes (I hope?).
I'd wear them with slim dress pants and a blouse of some sort.

TIA! :heart:
The heel height and red sole may turn people off.

I guess I'm in the minority here but I feel like my shoes are a part of who I am. If you can't accept me fully, red soles and all, I don't want to work with you. But if you feel like they may be judging you by your shoes don't wear them.

I'd skip out and show up with them on the first day. Not because I don't want to be judged, but because I wouldn't want to stand out in any way but with my goods (experience and knowledge) and personality. I would even dress kind of bland. But, that's just me. I've had a lot of experience being passed over for something because personal views people have developed throughout life. People tend to know the "type" or "look" of someone they don't like. Sometimes, they see a face,body, etc and discredit it instantly. Also, I want to come off down to earth and not "uppity." I wouldn't want to be asked any questions about my fashion choices or anything like that. They can figure that out once they get to know me and like me already. I've just found I've had to work extra hard to be credited for something I'm capable of doing. I'm not sure if this makes any sense?

Honestly. On second thought, just do whatever makes you feel THE BEST for that day. You want to put your best foot forward and show them what you got. So find whatever makes that happen and do that. If you are that amazing the shoes won't matter.

I just know for me... wearing my Louboutin's wouldn't make me deliver that during the interview. I'd wear them all the way there, give them a kiss before I go in for good luck, and slip on some no name non interesting whatevers. Then when I got back in the car, I'd hug them and tell them momma missed them SOO MUCH and I promise never to leave them again!! Cause on the first day of work.. I'd be sporting them!

I wouldn't wear them, personally. I adore adore adore Loubies, but I also get why the red soles might be perceived as a little flashy for an interview where I work (conservative bank). I'm not sure how conservative the firm you're intereviewing at is, but erring on the side of conservative never hurts!

Plus, you can wear your yummy Biancas to work once you've scoped out the work environment ;)

I wouldn't wear them. They always cautioned us in law school not to show up for an interview looking too flashy... Like no easily recognizable high end labels (Louis Vuitton was a big no-no). It can be a turn off to some people, especially working in a conservative area like the law.

Once you get the job, I wouldn't think it would be a problem (I wear mine to work all the time), but I'd err on the safe side for the interview and wear a less recognizable and shorter heeled shoe.

I'd skip out and show up with them on the first day. Not because I don't want to be judged, but because I wouldn't want to stand out in any way but with my goods (experience and knowledge) and personality. I would even dress kind of bland. But, that's just me. I've had a lot of experience being passed over for something because personal views people have developed throughout life. People tend to know the "type" or "look" of someone they don't like. Sometimes, they see a face,body, etc and discredit it instantly. Also, I want to come off down to earth and not "uppity." I wouldn't want to be asked any questions about my fashion choices or anything like that. They can figure that out once they get to know me and like me already. I've just found I've had to work extra hard to be credited for something I'm capable of doing. I'm not sure if this makes any sense?

Honestly. On second thought, just do whatever makes you feel THE BEST for that day. You want to put your best foot forward and show them what you got. So find whatever makes that happen and do that. If you are that amazing the shoes won't matter.

I just know for me... wearing my Louboutin's wouldn't make me deliver that during the interview. I'd wear them all the way there, give them a kiss before I go in for good luck, and slip on some no name non interesting whatevers. Then when I got back in the car, I'd hug them and tell them momma missed them SOO MUCH and I promise never to leave them again!! Cause on the first day of work.. I'd be sporting them!

As a guy, often doing interviews -I really do not see how this can be perceived negatively. On the contrary, in a firm that is looking to project high class - this can only help.

Further, I am really against being someone different at the interview than any other day. If you are interviewing for me, let me know exacly who you are, and what I will be getting if I hired you - and that includes everthing: experience, skills, attitude, etc...

I get annoyed when people present something that they are not. Our company once interviewed and hired someone who amongst other things came dressed to the interview really sharp. After she was hired- she started coming to work with casual cloths flats and sometimes flipflops. This is equally disturbing as someone that would come to an interview dressed very conservatively and then show up to work with high-end or extreme heels. In both cases - what you presented in the interview was not YOU.

In my opinion, if you want a job and want to be hired for who YOU are, and enjoy being who you are, -then come to the interview exactly as you feel. If you don't get the job - then it was not the job for YOU.
This is why jamidee, I totally agree with you on "just do whatever makes you feel THE BEST for that day."

I started a thread on this awhile ago....I don't think they're appropriate especially because it's a 140mm heel. I usually wear some jessica simpson pumps. There is nothing conservative about 140mm.

It's hard to get a job in the legal profession and there is a deep recession. Are you so tied to your shoes that you must wear them all the time and they represent a deep sense of your identity? They are shoes. I feel like some in this thread are not realistic about those two facts when combined. In fact, dress conservatively, get the job and you can buy more shoes.