Jimmy Choo Hunter & Jimmy Choo Crocodile Rainboots anyone?

^^I bought them too!!! black croc embossed... but i got mine from net-a-porter...Saks' charging me waaaayyy too much for shipping and i'm too impatient to wait for parcel on services... :smile:

I am a bit of a welly obsessive! I have a dog so usually wear wellies and could justify the price tag.

However mines have turned completely white. I don't know what it is. I have noticed some people selling them on ebay and they have the same issue. I think it's some sort of reaction in the rubber when it comes into contact with sunlight.

I've had these for a few years now and it happened after about 6 months. You can wipe them down and they will stay black for an hour or so but gradually the white starts to come back :tdown:

I am a bit of a welly obsessive! I have a dog so usually wear wellies and could justify the price tag.

However mines have turned completely white. I don't know what it is. I have noticed some people selling them on ebay and they have the same issue. I think it's some sort of reaction in the rubber when it comes into contact with sunlight.

I've had these for a few years now and it happened after about 6 months. You can wipe them down and they will stay black for an hour or so but gradually the white starts to come back :tdown:
I think there is something you can put on them to help. Seems like someone said Armorall worked...

This is from the Hunter website under customer service/ FAQ's. I cannot find the "care product" they refer to on their website... I too have these boots and they are a pain to maintain. I rub them really good with an old towel and they do come back. I would love to find the product they recommend...:shrugs:

usa.hunter-boot.com/images/logo_hunter.gif

Ownership and Care

We at Hunter take a long time to make your boots, but in our experience there is no other way to make the kind of boot that we'd be happy to put our name to - and you just can't rush perfection. We want you to enjoy your boots and for them to last. So please be kind to them and follow the simple guidelines below to ensure they are loved and cared for!
RUBBER FOOTWEAR
Wipe clean and leave to dry naturally after use. Only use cold, soapy water to clean. Never use solvents. Store in a cool, dry location and never store boots whilst damp. Avoid storage near sources of artificial heat or direct sunlight. Do not store folded or creased. As our boots are made of natural rubber, after a period of time, a white film may rise to the surface. This is a normal process and it does not affect the performance of the boot.
The rubber can be kept in peak condition by treating the boot with Hunter care product, which is specially formulated to preserve both colour and flexibility, available at your Hunter stockist.
For boots with a gloss finish: Due to the natural characteristics of rubber, you may notice the shine of your boots will fade with time. To revive the shiny appearance, simply buff your boots with a soft dry cloth.
For boots with zippers, zipper teeth should be kept clean and free of dirt.

I bought the care spray, athough i now have no idea where it is or what it's called.

I used that for a while and wiped them down with a cloth but still have the annoying and dreaded white film :sad:

I just got them my 1st pair of Jimmy Choo and
Hunter Boot... sax for $170 free shipping ..needed a new pair b/c my old boots got a hole I HATE WET JEANS OR PANTS HITTING MY LEGS.. cant wait to get them !!

Wahooooo! $152.99 plus tax with free shipping from Saks... I got my true size 6, and they're a little big, but I don't think I can wear these without socks. My feet got stuck in them when I tried them on barefoot. Whoops!

I bought mine from Saks too! Crocodile in black.

But the thing that REALLY irks me about them is the flaps that come off the buckle.
Does anybody else have a problem with that? When I walk around, they flap around annoyingly and there's nowhere to tuck them in.

When walking around with my boyfriend, I kept whipping him on the leg and I'm so scared I'll accidentally whip someone random on the street!

For now, I've resorted to clipping them to my shoe (with those paper clips for thick sheets) but they leave a mark on the plastic of my boot, so does anybody else have any ideas?

Mine too... I have them in Grey and after about a month they started changing... :sad: lovely boots though x

Here's a product that I have been using. It's called Hunter Instant Boot shine. I found it at a local store that sells Hunter boots. There is a sponge inside that contains a product that really shines up your boots. It leaves your boots very "greasy" feeling, BUT I put it on let them sit for a week and then lightly buffed them to remove the excess. I'm very impressed considering the alternative of cleaning these all the time! I decided to do one boot and wait to see the difference. Pic's are below. It has been three weeks and the treated boot (right) still looks great:yes:

Attachments

• hunter1.jpg
    hunter1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,030
  • hunter2.jpg
    hunter2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,050