Food What Wedding Cake Did You Have - Post Your Pictures & Chat.

brianne1114 - i so like this one very fresh & summery also blurberry is so different for a wedding cake, i love blueberry muffins.

Here's mine (from 6/27/09)
picture.php

top tier - vanilla poundcake w/blueberry filling
middle tier - lemon blueberry poundcake w/lemon curd
bottom tier - lemon poundcake w/raspberry filling

all iced in delicious buttercream. we didn't save the top tier for our anniversary (which is next month, holy crap!), we are just going to get a fresh cake in our fave flavor from the same bakery.

thanks for the compliments everyone!
we got our fresh anniversary cake and ate it last week - just as delicious as our wedding cake. =) we went w/lemon blueberry cake & lemon curd filling.

ok well ours was great, we got our cake from croissants bistro and barkery in sc. It was chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and buttercream icing...only problem we had with the cake was the bow melted a little bit after i picked it up (it was around 95 that day with a heat index of a 100 so i guess that was to be expected) but even with the bow melting it still taste great! :smile:

250ttzt.jpg

2s9eu6e.jpg

2en4ygy.jpg

what the bow should have looked like
156cs3n.jpg

my cake, which I love since it taste even better than it looks. It's quite tall, so to make it each layer was composed of 4 sheets of cake: butter, spiced layer cake, butter cake and brownies :nuts:

Attachments

• cake1.jpg
    cake1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 325
that is a clever idea! each tier looks like a little gift/present. beautiful cake. what kind? :smile:

Thank you! It consisted of alternating layers of almond nut cake with buttercream and pound cake with lemon buttercream. I also surprised my DH with a swiss chocolate cake with swiss chocolate cream filling in the shape of a New York Giants helmet with the number 10 (for our wedding date of 10/10/10).