Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
It starts Feb. 27th at 9:30 and it's hosted by Jeff Foxworthy.

Quiz show: Adults are tested on grade-school knowledge, with kids as lifelines. They get a chance to win a million dollars.

It sounds like an interesting concept and I like Jeff Foxworthy.

(I think I'll be checking this show out. At 10, I'm going to switch over to Law & Order SVU, but I'll be flipping back and forth between the shows.)

I want u all to know that TAYLOR,my 10 yr old..is ABSOLUTELY MAD at the title of this show..ROFL.....You guessed it,,,shes in 5th grade.
and she says she IS smarter ..heehee

This guy, with a 3.0 grade point average from UCLA (and a fifth grade teacher!) got the first question wrong, and he had to peek at the paper of his "classmate" for the second one.

He's already used up all of his options.

But he's up to $5,000.

(Although, to be fair, it's stuff I haven't done in a LONG time!)

They asked a question about the mayflower, the area of a triangle... that's all I can think of right now. The questions weren't hard, they are just questions that we never use in our adult life so we forget it.

I blanked on the triangle question, I knew what month Columbus Day was celebrated and what R.E.M. stands for.

(I guessed on whether or not polar bears eat penguins and I got it right.)

I should keep my fifth grader up to see if she could answer them! It's on at 9:30 PST so she's asleep by then - I was a little bored - sorry, I just watched reruns of Real Housewives of Orange County instead.:supacool:

I watched it last night. If it was all math, science, english/grammar, I'd be golden. but I suck at history & geography. I'd be terrified of going on the show though...I dont want to potentially embarrass my alma mater!

^ i agree, that's pretty annoying. i just wish they'd give an answer... either you know it or you don't.

the q's weren't too bad, but i honestly don't remember learning a couple of them in elementary school.

I want u all to know that TAYLOR,my 10 yr old..is ABSOLUTELY MAD at the title of this show..ROFL.....You guessed it,,,shes in 5th grade.
and she says she IS smarter ..heehee

That is too funny Jill, because MY daughter, Taylor, who is 10 yrs old and in the fifth grade thinks she IS smarter than that UCLA lawyer, because she got all the answers right and we live in Canada! Those questions were definitely hard if you're not from the States.

Mr Puff has gotten all the questions right so far. We have watched 2 episodes.

I of course, had no clue about the triangle so I am not as smart as a fifth grader in the area of math. But then I am not as smart as a potted geranium in the area of math. Counting things is about as advanced as I go, and then only if there are not many things to count.