Help filing dispute with bank.. (continued)

OP, when you completed the Customs form, did you tick the box that asks what to do if it is undeliverable? My nice PO lady informed me that you have options, inluding 1. abandon (why would anyone do this) or 2. return to sender.
By chance did you choose return? if it is not claimed within a certain point it may be returned... I am no expert and only recently began shipping international again after years of avoiding it.

Secondly, I agree with many of the posters here, it may be a bit more expensive, but to return items one MUST use a delivery service that is trackable, for International USPS your only option is Express.

Good luck with this, but without proof of delivery, you may be out of luck.

Update - I visited a local branch near my work (not the one I originally called) and the manager there was more than helpful. We filed the necessary paperwork and according to her, it is irrelevant that I authorized PayPal to withdraw the funds since the item received was not what was purchased. There will be an investigation now, but at least I have a chance at getting my money back.

Update - I visited a local branch near my work (not the one I originally called) and the manager there was more than helpful. We filed the necessary paperwork and according to her, it is irrelevant that I authorized PayPal to withdraw the funds since the item received was not what was purchased. There will be an investigation now, but at least I have a chance at getting my money back.

Glad to hear ! Keep us posted.

Excellent! This sounds like the best possibility for you.

So the bank is still investigating the case, but in the meantime, guess what was returned to me yesterday...the bag! It went to China and back over the past three months. I'm shocked it was even returned to me. I called PayPal and told them that the seller rejected it and the rep I spoke with reopened the dispute for me. I explained the entire situation, including how I should have filed the claim differently, so instead of having me attempt to return the bag again, they've reopened the case as a counterfeit claim. As mentioned in this thread, I was told that they will contact me to provide a 3rd party statement confirming that the bag is in fact counterfeit. I'm going to go ahead and initiate this process before they formally send their request since I'm due to deliver our first baby this weekend and obviously won't have very much time on my hands! I'll keep you posted, but thought this was an interesting turn - I'm hopeful things will work out in the end.

I received a full refund through PayPal today! Considering I had basically settled on the thought that I was going to be out the money and have been focusing my priorities elsewhere with our little man's arrival, I'm thrilled that everything ultimately worked out.

Thanks again to those members who were so supportive - I really appreciate it! :smile:

Sorry, OP. I think you may have screwed up bigtime, on how you returned this package, but I believe your story. Unfortunately for you, however, some of the junior detectives on the forum are trying to make their bones with the big dogs (who are typically correct) but they (jr. dicks) are not very smart, leading to a very big pile of shizz being stirred...and you were just another ingredient in the pot.

Best of luck to you.

I'm so happy this worked out for you. Just started reading this thread tonight and I was getting angrier and angrier at the comments. When did this forum become so suspicious and rude towards members? Demanding that she posts things she already explained? Ridiculous.