Dog the Bounty Hunter to face charges in Mexico!!!!

pursegrl12

O.G.
Jul 17, 2006
so sad, according to PerezHilton.com, Dog the Bounty Hunter has lost his extradition battle and now has to face charges in Mexico.

Good Luck, We love you Dog, Leland & Tim!!!!!!!

I am glad that he has turned his life around. But, I cannot believe that Hawaii allows convicted felons to ever hold a valid bondsmen license.:shrugs: :confused1:

I am glad that he has turned his life around. But, I cannot believe that Hawaii allows convicted felons to ever hold a valid bondsmen license.:shrugs: :confused1:

He had to work had to get to where he is at. He is a convicted felon but yet he has taken hundreds of drug dealers, addicts and petty theft criminals off of the street. Who better to do the job then someone who has not only walked down that path but has turned his life around and done so much for his community. He took the most notorious rapist off of the street, Andrew Luster. Made all the victims feel safe in their homes b/c he is now in jail. Not only that but how many women did he save from being raped in Mexico? Just because in his past he did wrong doesn't mean that he is a bad person. He took a big risk going into Mexico and now he is paying the price. I do think we all need to stand behind him! Put yourself in the place of one of the victims who was raped and violated!!! What they are doing to Dog and his family is wrong! And frankly pissees me off!!:cursing: :censor: :rant: :mad:

I never said that he is not a good person who has done a lot of great service, I just said that most states do not allow an ex felon hold that type of license. I agree, he deserves a break. It does not seem very fair. Best of luck to him and his family!

I know, this is so sad. I'm a huge DOG fan. Here's what A&E emailed me yesterday:

DOG UPDATE

A breaking news Associated Press report revealed this morning stated that a
Mexican federal court has denied Duane “Dog” Chapman’s injunction request and has ruled that the star of A&E’s Dog the Bounty Hunter should be extradited and stand trial for deprivation of liberty – a charge stemming from Dog and his posse’s 2003 capture of convicted serial rapist, Andrew Luster in Puerto Vallarta.

Mexican authorities had asked for Chapman's extradition from Hawaii and U.S. Marshals took Dog, son Leland Chapman and associate Tim Chapman into custody back on September 14th for their role in bringing Luster to justice. Dog, Leland and Tim were released on bail and have been awaiting a ruling on their request to stop the extradition proceedings, which would otherwise require them to face trial in Mexico.

"Our attorneys have not even been formally informed of the court's decision, as of yet," Dog and wife Beth Chapman said. "We are obviously deeply disappointed and fearful of what will happen, and are currently absorbing the news and discussing our options at this time."

Andrew Luster, the notorious heir to the Max Factor cosmetics fortune, was convicted of drugging and raping three women over a four year span. During his trial in 2003, Luster fled the country, leading to an international manhunt. In June 2003, Dog and his team tracked the fugitive Luster in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, where he was living under an alias, and seized him. Luster was subsequently found guilty in the US and is currently serving a 124 year prison
sentence. At that time, in June 2003, Dog, Tim and Leland were arrested by the Mexican authorities for unlawful deprivation of liberty and released on bail.

Bounty hunting in Mexico is illegal. I personally think it's a ridiculous law and it should be changed. The only people this law protects are the criminals. I am personally boycotting Mexico (not just because of Dog, but for many other reasons...from a Canadian perspective)

^^Thanx for posting the update. I got really emotional when i watched the A&E special "The Family Speaks"...to see the distress in their eyes. They are good people and don't deserve this.

I just saw a special on A&E it's so sad, they (the chapmans) asked for our help writting letters to our congressmen. Yes there are rules and laws that we should all follow here or in different countries. They (mexico) should feel thankful not having that criminal out on their streets. Is this fair? NO. We all should speak up and not let such injustice happen.

I just saw a special on A&E it's so sad, they (the chapmans) asked for our help writting letters to our congressmen. Yes there are rules and laws that we should all follow here or in different countries. They (mexico) should feel thankful not having that criminal out on their streets. Is this fair? NO. We all should speak up and not let such injustice happen.
exactly! coundn't of said it better!