Anthra vs. Dark Night

egglet

O.G.
May 2, 2010
Hello dear PFers!

I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me out with this dilemma..

I currently have an anthra RGGH city which i have a love-hate relationship with.. I love it under certain lighting when the anthra looks like a dark charcoal grey but hate it when under the sun it looks greenish..

Currently I have the opportunity to purchase a dark night RGGH velo with the kind of leather that i like (from an online seller as there is no bal where I live) My main worry is that the velo will be too big and heavy on me or that I don't like the elongated style as much as the city.. (I'm 5'2, 100lbs for reference)

I only want one of these as they are both quite similar in colour.. So what do you think I should do? TIA!

1. Keep Anthra
2. Get Dark Night velo
3. Wait for Dark Night city

Hello dear PFers!

I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me out with this dilemma..

I currently have an anthra RGGH city which i have a love-hate relationship with.. I love it under certain lighting when the anthra looks like a dark charcoal grey but hate it when under the sun it looks greenish..

Currently I have the opportunity to purchase a dark night RGGH velo with the kind of leather that i like (from an online seller as there is no bal where I live) My main worry is that the velo will be too big and heavy on me or that I don't like the elongated style as much as the city.. (I'm 5'2, 100lbs for reference)

I only want one of these as they are both quite similar in colour.. So what do you think I should do? TIA!

1. Keep Anthra
2. Get Dark Night velo
3. Wait for Dark Night city

Your second paragraph describes my feelings exactly! I had the same love-hate relationship with my Anthra RGGH City under the sun and sold it for a DN RGGH City. Best decision I ever made! It is a stunning combination with no green in any lighting!

I say wait for a City since it sounds like you'd be settling for the Velo. If you don't like the elongated style now it's not going to grow on you later.

Your second paragraph describes my feelings exactly! I had the same love-hate relationship with my Anthra RGGH City under the sun and sold it for a DN RGGH City. Best decision I ever made! It is a stunning combination with no green in any lighting!

I say wait for a City since it sounds like you'd be settling for the Velo. If you don't like the elongated style now it's not going to grow on you later.

Oh its so good to know that I'm not the only one! Now I don't feel so crazy for obsessing about colour under different lightings..

Thanks for the advice roey :smile:

I actually like the fact that the Anthra is a bit of a chameleon depending on whether it's outdoor or indoor~!! LOL

But to be more helpful.. I'm 5'7" and the Velo sits pretty low at my waist/almost at my hip. The strap isn't adjustable - though I have read somewhere that some Bal owners have figured a way to shorten it/fold it in half or something to that effect - but I'm not 100% sure this is doable..

Anyways, while I think the bigger size of the Velo may come in handy if you ever need to bring heaps of stuff.. the bag's drop may potentially be rather troublesome for you.. Plus depending on your personal preference.. given your petite size.. the Velo might even be too overwhelming large? :huh:

I like the choice of dark knight city. the size looks perfect for you and it has no green tones under any kind of lighting. I own one dk city and love it.
I also used to have a velo but later sold it as the strap even worn cross body is very long. I stand 5'4.
Good luck in your decision.

5'2" wait for the DN City... or get an Officier City, if it comes on the Bay. Velo I find is deep on me, and I am 5'4". And like roey, I agree it sounds a little like you are settling for Velo, rather than loving it straight off.

Imagine the Velo as being like the depth of the capacious Day, but with the long strap. It also looks very casual, so if you like that look, then go for it.

If you prefer a more structured look, wait for a City in the dark blue of your choice.

ckfox, cowey1973, skyblueday thank you all for your input! Looks like I should wait for a city to come along and not settle for the velo (though goodness knows how long that would take!) well as they say... good things come to those who wait! so I shall be patient and keep my fingers crossed :smile:

I have never seen Anthra in person, so I don't know about the color.

I have a Dark Night Velo and I have been using it a lot. I really love it! It also takes on different shades of blue depending on the light. I was concerned about getting the Velo because I have always had a City bag. Like you, I don't live near any stores where I can try them on. So, I have to take my chances and order from the Boutique or reputable reseller.

I am surprised that I like this Velo as much as a City if not more. I don't find it too elongated. I typically prefer an East/West bag as opposed to a North/South. This bag seems to work though. It squishes into a big puddle, the leather is so nice on it. I really was lucky with this one. I asked the SA to pick out a really good one for me. We talked about it for sometime and went back and forth with pictures before I decided which one.

Good luck!

I have never seen Anthra in person, so I don't know about the color.

I have a Dark Night Velo and I have been using it a lot. I really love it! It also takes on different shades of blue depending on the light. I was concerned about getting the Velo because I have always had a City bag. Like you, I don't live near any stores where I can try them on. So, I have to take my chances and order from the Boutique or reputable reseller.

I am surprised that I like this Velo as much as a City if not more. I don't find it too elongated. I typically prefer an East/West bag as opposed to a North/South. This bag seems to work though. It squishes into a big puddle, the leather is so nice on it. I really was lucky with this one. I asked the SA to pick out a really good one for me. We talked about it for sometime and went back and forth with pictures before I decided which one.

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply piperlu.. It has been most helpful!
May I know what your height is for reference sake??