Have you seen someone shoplift? Did you tell?

This is making me mad reading all this. Shoplifters getting all this free stuff that I work so hard for and WE pay the price. People stealing trench coats from Burberry and people not doing anything about it? Where are the security guards there? There is always security when I go into stores.

This is making me mad reading all this. Shoplifters getting all this free stuff that I work so hard for and WE pay the price. People stealing trench coats from Burberry and people not doing anything about it? Where are the security guards there? There is always security when I go into stores.

Well we have the satisfaction of working for it right? Shoplifters have to live with it knowing they don't rightfully own it. They live with the anxiety of eventually getting caught. And they live with the repercussions of being caught.

So don't get upset!

From my understanding with Food Stamps you can pretty much buy anything food related in the grocery store except hot food. (At least in my state) The program that limits you to certain foods is "WIC" and that is for new mothers with low income, so I don't feel sorry for these people. Some of them choose to spend their money on junk food, instead of produce, and meats. Even the Whole Foods store takes Food stamps, so its not really the system, but more about how these people choose to spend their food stamps.

*Sorry to Hijack the thread*

I agree. I don't feel sorry for them either. They could purchase ANY kind of food in the store except for hot food. That's stealing to be greedy IMO. Most states even have programs where they will give you at least a hot plate if you don't have a stove.

I have seen shoplifiting in the traditional sense of the word. I have seen fare evasion. I ride the train sometimes and especially when I was going to school. I would park my car and take the train because of necessity. Anyway, there have been so many people arrested for getting on the train without paying. One time, this guy got on the train and sat right next to me...next thing I know 2 cops arrest him. Scared the Sh^^ out of me. Especially, since I was not used to riding public transportation.

I would report shoplifting if I saw it, but I would be very discreet. I think there are so many mean people in this world, so I would not want to be on their radar at all. If they are bold enough to shoplift, what makes me think they are not bold enough to hurt me? So I'm as nice to people as possible. I just mind my own business and go on about my way.

I've seen people stealing when I worked at Victoria's Secret and I've alerted my manager who then would call mall security. We weren't allowed to directly confront anyone even if we blatantly outright saw them take something.

I've never seen anyone shoplift when I was just shopping - probably because I'm too focused on what I'm buying myself. But my husband and I were at Forever 21 this past weekend and he saw a woman take a bowl of bangles and dump them in her purse :wtf: - he did tell an employee, not sure what happened w/that one!

a friend of mine was working at a pottery barn and saw a young mother hiding stuff under her baby's stroller in the rear of the store. . she calmly walked up to her smiling and asked if she needed help to the cash register. she took all the items from under their hiding place and rang them up. the mom paid, left and never came back.

I've worked in retail for a while and witnessed a great deal of shoplifting. At one store our store security guard actually stole not only from the store but from customer and employees. We had another security guard catch a woman who was 8 months pregnant shoplifting and called the cops. She had taken so much stuff including fixtures from the wall! I caught a 13 year old girl shoplifting earrings and her parents were called. At a boutique I worked in in NYC a woman came in who at first I thought was Anna Nicole Smith's cousin Shelly from The Anna Nicole Smith show. I was helping someone else but I saw her examining a purse on a mannequin and before I knew it she had ripped it off the mannequin, shoved it in a shopping bag and bolted.

what store was this in
there really isnt much for SA to do its the managers that have to see them steal it and try to walk out of the store with out paying
we did catch 2 people trying to steal a $3k bag and sent them to jail it was a funny story

I was at the GAP at San Marco's outlet, and I saw this guy literally coming in and out of the store with empty bags...filling them up and leaving. Like he would get little stuff like socks, boxers, etc...so I went over the the sock rack, and it was literally all cleared out. I didn't really say anything because that guy new I was eyeballing him...but I made a comment "HOLY CRAP, I CAN'T BELIEVE ALL THE SOCKS WERE SOLD"...an S/A said, "OH SHYT, I just restock them". LOL. But I'm not sure if they caught him. I hope they did. My uncle was like, you shouldn't say anything top the SA because it honestly looked like the guy that was coming in and out of the store (the shoplifter) knew a couple of the SA's. So I didn't wanna get shot. :sad:

I've seen shoplifters. Heck, I was a shoplifter (bored suburban brat, you know the story).

When I see someone doing that I don't say anything. In the black community, being a snitch is frowned upon.