How Can Excitement turn to Disappointment So Quickly? TWICE in One Day!

breathe deep. Now you need to decide if you are going to love the bag the way it is, or send it back. Not the ideal situation, but you can't change the circumstances. If you really love the bag, just accept the fact that it is a bit damaged, but you will use and love it anyway. Sorry :sad:

ilmb- First off, thanks for the update! I do understand your love for the suede lining. Really. I do. I just purchased a BV and that's one of my favorite things. However, it is not right for you to keep this handbag! Your thinking with your heart and not your wallet. The manager has been very honest with you and has been forthright in offering you a full refund. You really should take it. This is a $2,000 handbag we are talking about!!!!! Perhaps if you save more $$'s on top of that, you will find something else even more desirable. Believe me when I tell you, something WILL come up!

Kiss it goodbye and take your deserved refund. That's my advice. I am sending you hugs because I know how disappointed you are!! :hugs:

So I just got off the phone with the manager (again!) -- I have two choices.

1. I can send it back for a full refund and be out the bag. While this choice seems like it might be the best, smartest thing to do, I know I'll probably never find this bag at this price again (definitely not this color!). I know I love the bag -- I've seen it, touched it, saw the color, and it's an amazing bag. Sure, I can take that $$ and use it towards something else -- but it won't be THIS bag, and I think I will always be disappointed with that

or

2. I can keep the bag and take a refund of an additional 20% (which comes out to approx $400) -- with the addtl' d/c, the price of the bag would be more than half price. I could then use some conditioner on the handles. I know nothing will ever remove the scratches and the scuffs, but a little bit of conditioner may smooth them out a little, make them look better than they do (they do look rather dry!).

Honestly, I'm leaning towards the latter -- I love the bag, and it may not be perfect, but knowing that I got the bag at such a large d/c AND I get a dream bag, would make me feel better. At least this way we both "win" -- if I send it back and take the refund, I'm out the bag, they're out the sale -- this way, I get my dream bag (flawed as it may be) at a really good price, and they still get the sale.

What do you think? Is that a reasonable resolution?

^^

If you can live with the damage on the bag then take the discount. It sounds like you really love the bag and can look past the damage so if I were you, I'd take the $400. Let us know what you decide!

I can understand your love for this bag, and the utter disappointment you must have felt when you saw the condition it is in.

I think the best thing to do now is take option #1, send the bag back and get your refund. I know that if it were me, I would be remember that disappointment every time I used the bag. A little leather conditioner might help, but it will not erase the flaws. Any bag at this price should arrive in perfect condition, even in sale, and any flaws should have been disclosed.

I know it's a hard decision. I hope you feel good about whatever you decide!

It's really hard for any of us to advise you because it sounds like you really love this bag! Just ask yourself if you will feel comfortable wearing it the way it is in the coming months, or, if after a while, it will get to you that you never really felt you had purchased a new bag. I've fallen hard for bags in the past too but didn't necessarily buy them, and the lust eventually wore off. Just give yourself time to think long and hard before making this decision because it is quite an expensive one.

We support you in either case. Best of luck!

I say keep it iluv!! I can tell how much you love this bag!! Yes with a little mini conditioning work it will look like new!! I don't think you can find this bag in the color you want and that discount. Let's say you returned it, how do you feel about it? Do you miss it? Regret sending it back? Wish you kept it? It's a hard decision but I think it's yours!! :love: Good luck and keep us posted.

the problem is, I can't just send it back -- it was a Final Sale, and from my phone calls with the boutique, I don't think they're willing to take it back (it hasn't been offered to me as of yet). this was the only one they had in this color and no one's said that I could exchange it for another color (I don't even know if they have another color -- at the time of the sale I believe this was the only one they had) as I mentioned yesterday, they're trying to blame this on VBH (which I don't buy for a minute). I called there again today and she asked me to be patient and wait for their VBH buyer to call me back. I guess she's (their Buyer) looking into whether or not she can get another one from VBH. we'll see what happens -- whether VBH agrees to replace this or not, I believe the boutique should compensate me in some way. For them to place the blame on the designer and ask them to provide the replacement it is wrong, IMO. I don't believe this bag left VBH in this condition and I'm fairly certain it happened while it was either on display or during the shipping process.

we shall see what happens -- in the meantime, I just keep staring at it, wishing I could fill it up and use it (that suede lining is calling my name!)

If you paid with a credit card stop payment. They sent you a damaged bag.

Just another thought, since you don't have anything to lose at this point I would ask for a larger than 20% off discount for the bag. I mean, they aren't going to be able to sell it or repair it so the best thing they could do would be to sell it to you for an even deeper discount.

I have kept coming back to this thread, because honestly I cannot believe an SA put a bag in this condition in a box and sent it to you. That was completely unacceptable. I understand it was a big clearance sale, however, the wear on the corners and the handles warrants at least a phone call to the buyer to disclose! This is what I would say to them if I was going to try to negotiate a larger discount.

$400 is quite a savings and you could use that for repairs. And you could use the bag more freely and not freak out over the first scratch--because it is already there.

Sooooo, I decided to keep it & take the addtl' d/c! :biggrin:
AND!
I put a little bit of conditioner on a soft cloth and "polished" the handles a little bit (they absorbed the lotion so quickly cuz they were so dry!), and even tho it didn't remove the scuffs & scratches, it DID make them look a WHOLE lot better. I don't know that they'll ever "disappear" completely, but perhaps with a few more applications, they'll smooth out a little bit more.

Would I have preferred a flawless (or near flawless) bag? Absolutely!! But at least I was able to keep the bag and receive a partial refund, plus I was able to make it look a little better with a little help from leather conditioner!! Take a look!! :nuts:

BEFORE:
attachment.php

AFTER:
attachment.php

Attachments

• after 003.JPG
    after 003.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 610
  • after 004.JPG
    after 004.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 224
  • after 009.JPG
    after 009.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 231
  • after 010.JPG
    after 010.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 628
^^^MUCH better :tup: You can hardly see any of the rubbing now. So glad you got your dream bag at a great discount and maybe you'll feel less worried about enjoying it since it's already a tiny bit worn. In situations like these my lovely DH always likes to tell me that "perfection is overrated" :smile: