How Can Excitement turn to Disappointment So Quickly? TWICE in One Day!

I have a story about trying to buy on BBOS when they were doing one of their last sell out discounts on a Be&D Herlihy that I so wanted. I put it in my shopping cart. Looked once more through the final sale page and then went to check out. My one bag had replicated to over 2,000 in the cart with a total sale of around $267,000! I had to scroll forever to get to the total, LOL. There was no "select all and remove" so I would have to remove them one-by-one. I tried removing one of them only to find it crashed the page. By time I sent a message to the webmaster, it was sold out. I'm still stalking that bag - Be&D Herlihy in distressed suede.

I put a little bit of conditioner on a soft cloth and "polished" the handles a little bit (they absorbed the lotion so quickly cuz they were so dry

Wow, what a difference! What leather conditioner did you use? And - congratulations for working through all of this disappointment - what a wonderful outcome! :heart: :heart: :heart:

:yahoo::dothewave::party::urock: YaY! Can you tell I'm excited??? What a wonderful outcome and how smart and experienced you are!! I never would have had the know how or confidence to have made such a gutsy decision! Congrats!! Now, how about some modeling pics?

The difference between the before and after is huge! I think after everything, including the improvement you made on the bag, I say you made the best decision on keeping it with the extra discount.

WHOA! Can I say I'm floored??!!! Just read through all your thread and all I can say is AMAZING!!

You did a smashing job with the leather conditioner. What a lovely bag and yes it may not be flawless but it's enough for me to want to buy a bag like that and keep that discount in my pocket.

Well done!!!!

Thanks everyone!:hugs::heart:
thank you for allowing me to rant and work out my thoughts!!
it helps to get FB from other people who understand!!
I stayed home from work today w/the flu and I'm not feeling so good
if I can muster up the energy to take a few pics, I'll do a reveal later today or tomorrow -- modeling pics will have to wait until I'm feeling (and looking!) much better!!

BTW -- india, I use Cadillac Leather Care. I get it at Nordstroms. They usually have it at the checkout counters in the handbag and shoe departments. I believe it's $6/bottle. I've been using the same product for years!

BTW -- india, I use Cadillac Leather Care. I get it at Nordstroms. They usually have it at the checkout counters in the handbag and shoe departments. I believe it's $6/bottle. I've been using the same product for years!

Thanks, iluvmybags. Rest and get better and can't wait to see that reveal!

wow JJ!!! can't believe i haven't seen your thread. i'm happy you decided to keep it. the color is amazing. actually, you fixed it up pretty good with just leather conditioner!! a new policy of mine is "if it already has the first scratch, i won't be afraid to use it!" :P congrats!

So glad someone pointed out this thread to me.

I got a bag from Wynn and it was so badly scuffed and scratched. I told the SA and basically got the same response as you did. Blaming it on the buyer. I just sent some pictures to her and hopefully, they will find the condition of the bag unacceptable for sale. I wished she had disclosed the condition to me before letting me pay for it.

Btw, excellent job on the re-conditioning your handles. They look very good now!