What do you think of this Coach

Janinevs

O.G.
Feb 4, 2007
I bought this Coach bag in tan today.

Coach - COACH HAMPTONS PEBBLED LEATHER BUSINESS TOTE

I've never bought a Coach bag before, because I can't stand anything logo, but I was looking for this style and size and this was the only one I could find. Now that I've bought it, I'm not so sure. While it's a good looking bag, it seems a little iffy on the quality for the price tag. Or maybe I'm just resenting the fact that I paid full price. :cursing: Anyway, what do you guys think of this bag in particular and Coach in general.

I'm with you, as I don't really care for the Coach logo bags. I like that bag! I guesss whether you can justify the price would be based on how much you think you will use it.

I'll use it a lot, so I that's probably a good way of looking at the price. I'm just a little worried as to how it will hold up to all the use. I usually carry my laptop in my handbag, since I hate carrying more than one bag. My current work bag is a Furla and it's holding up beautifully. Actually it gets better the more I abuse it. :shame: But the Furla is black and I wanted something lighter for summer. So, I guess this is why I'm a little worried about the quality of Coach.

I used to buy coach purses a long long time ago. one thing you never do is pay full price for a couch because you can alwas get their bags fr an outlet store. I learned that pretty late in my shopping days and it drove me nuts that I have to pay full price for it. If you're young there's nothing wrong with using a couch but ...

I just bought my first Coach bag last week, I got it at the outlet and paid $250 for it. They had lots of different multi purpose leather totes there to use for work, babies, travel..whatever. I love the bag you bought, it is really cute and practical, but you could always check the outlet if you live near one.
Here is the bag I got

Attachments

• carry all.JPG
    carry all.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 74
the pebbled leather stuff holds up really well. and $458 is a good price for a bag that size. i think it's gorgeous- i was actually planning on getting one like that for my school stuff!

tbenskey- not everything goes to outlet anyways, nor is a guarantee that what you want will end up at an outlet near you. so i always say if you LOVE it, you'll buy it at any (decent) price.

I really love it. I don't have any Coach. I have mostly LV, just started buying Chanel.... but am really interested in adding Coach to my collection. I don't think you can go wrong, great bag! Enjoy your purchase!!!!!

It's a really nice bag, but if you're having second thoughts, take it back. Purses are an investment and if you don't think that this is going to work, then don't keep it. You could probably find something similar at the Outlets for almost half the price.

If you're young there's nothing wrong with using a couch but ...

Really? :wtf: I never realized there are age-appropriate brands. Always thought it's about design and quality. I guess you live and learn. But then again, I guess that you would consider LV an adult bag and here I was thinking that those silly multi-color bags thay had a couple of seasons ago shouldn't be worn by anyone who's allowed to vote. Silly me. :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for everyone's input. Good idea on the outlet store, I might head over there tomorrow and see if they have it if I'm up to the schlepp. I'm keeping the bag and will consider it a learning experience if it doesn't last.:supacool:

Really? :wtf: I never realized there are age-appropriate brands. Always thought it's about design and quality. I guess you live and learn. But then again, I guess that you would consider LV an adult bag and here I was thinking that those silly multi-color bags thay had a couple of seasons ago shouldn't be worn by anyone who's allowed to vote. Silly me. :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for everyone's input. Good idea on the outlet store, I might head over there tomorrow and see if they have it if I'm up to the schlepp. I'm keeping the bag and will consider it a learning experience if it doesn't last.:supacool:

That Coach will last forever. I still have some of the Coach's that my mom passed down to me in the early 90s. At that time I was happy about it, but I certainly didn't take care of the bags the way I should have, but they still look good. I generally prefer all leather bags and less siggy bags.

BTW, the is NO age difference for Coach.