Looking for leather love

Janye

Apr 21, 2011
I am a newbie coach lover, only purchasing my 1st a little over a month ago which has grown into 4 bags and 2 with matching wallets. They are beautiful and I love them all, but I am looking for a good leather bag. I pretty much have eBay since I am no where near any sort of store so I am open to past styles. I figured the well seasoned tfp'er would probably be able to identify what it is I want.

I like things on the medium side. I carry the following items:
Wallet, bigger style, I have a lot of cards
Smokes + lighter (bad, I know)
ipod nano 6th gen
Blackberry PlayBook
3 sets of keys (I love attached key holder things, my $70 Nixon has this and it's about the only thing I miss from it)
Blackberry

I prefer one strap items but I have not had much experience with two strap things to know if it is comfy or not, but I am willing to try it out.

I do not like just handles, I need to be handsfree

I don't like crossbody, I guess moreso of hobo style maybe ?

I can do bright, loud, out there sort of things.

Any assistance would be excellent. I am open to any ideas. Bonus for helping is that once I get it from eBay, I promise to post a reveal, haha.

Thanks for any help I get :smile: :flowers:

I am a newbie coach lover, only purchasing my 1st a little over a month ago which has grown into 4 bags and 2 with matching wallets. They are beautiful and I love them all, but I am looking for a good leather bag. I pretty much have eBay since I am no where near any sort of store so I am open to past styles. I figured the well seasoned tfp'er would probably be able to identify what it is I want.

I like things on the medium side. I carry the following items:
Wallet, bigger style, I have a lot of cards
Smokes + lighter (bad, I know)
ipod nano 6th gen
Blackberry PlayBook
3 sets of keys (I love attached key holder things, my $70 Nixon has this and it's about the only thing I miss from it)
Blackberry

I prefer one strap items but I have not had much experience with two strap things to know if it is comfy or not, but I am willing to try it out.

I do not like just handles, I need to be handsfree

I don't like crossbody, I guess moreso of hobo style maybe ?

I can do bright, loud, out there sort of things.

Any assistance would be excellent. I am open to any ideas. Bonus for helping is that once I get it from eBay, I promise to post a reveal, haha.

Thanks for any help I get :smile: :flowers:
Shoot, I can't figure out how to edit my first post but I should add, I want it zippered. I don't trust myself with just a flap or nothing holding everything in, LOL.

Ooo:huh:oo, Thanks ! I will check those out on eBay. Any color suggestions ? Any of those come in fun colors ?

Hmm... the Kristin Hobos come in a few fun colors, like pale pink, agean (green), and coral... I would love a pale pink Kristin! The Poppy Rocker also comes in a lot of different colors. Shimmery leathers (strawberry milk which is a pink, and a couple others), and also some patent leather colors. They have a ton of sequins/ signature patterns too, but i know you said you are looking for leather. The Marielle's come in Parchment, shimmer leather, embosed python, and laser cut. I am usually drawn to anything pink/ shimmery.... however, as you saw in my reveal today, I went for an orange colored bag! :P That's one of my favorite things about Coach... so many colors! :biggrin:

Another one you could look at is the Ashley line (Carryall or Satchel). The Satchels definitely zip closed. You would probably want the "large" satchel since you are carrying a blackberry tablet. Ashley is the MFF version of the Sabrina, but everyone (myself included) has been loving them! I have one in Dune, which is a gorgeous shimmery tan leather.

I think a Zoe would be perfect for you based on what you described, or possibly an older style Carly (not the newer MFF version). Zoe is lovely bag, there is a medium and large size (you'd probably want the medium), it has fabulous hardware, one thick shoulder strap, a zip top, and it's timeless.

Check out this thread for a plethora of lovely Zoes to see if you like the style.

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-re...e-post-your-coach-zoe-pieces-here-350550.html

And here's a thread full of lovely Carlys

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-reference-library/post-your-carly-pieces-here-156440.html

The medium/regular Carly and Zoe are pretty much identical in size, the differences are mainly the hardware and the shape is a bit different ... both have zip tops though.

ETA: These are both older lines, though there have been some nice MFF Zoes recently that are IMO as good as the originals, so hopefully some available on ebay ... Carlys will be harder to find. Make sure you get any bag authenticated here before you buy.

GL!

Hmm... the Kristin Hobos come in a few fun colors, like pale pink, agean (green), and coral... I would love a pale pink Kristin! The Poppy Rocker also comes in a lot of different colors. Shimmery leathers (strawberry milk which is a pink, and a couple others), and also some patent leather colors. They have a ton of sequins/ signature patterns too, but i know you said you are looking for leather. The Marielle's come in Parchment, shimmer leather, embosed python, and laser cut. I am usually drawn to anything pink/ shimmery.... however, as you saw in my reveal today, I went for an orange colored bag! :P That's one of my favorite things about Coach... so many colors! :biggrin:

yes, right now your my enabler. I seen it, I fell in love, and now I am in need of leather :P

Just wanted to add, there are two lines of MFF Zoes - one that just has the shoulder strap like the original ... here's an example (not my auction) in black

http://cgi.ebay.com/COACH-NEW-BLACK...WH_Handbags&hash=item3cb7fe38ce#ht_500wt_1156

The other version had a crossbody strap as well that I'm not sure is removable, and the hardware was different. I'd look for the original style if possible.

There were also woven Zoes, like in this (not my auction):

http://cgi.ebay.com/COACH-WOVEN-LEA...WH_Handbags&hash=item19c537019e#ht_4015wt_905

:smile:
I think a Zoe would be perfect for you based on what you described, or possibly an older style Carly (not the newer MFF version). Zoe is lovely bag, there is a medium and large size (you'd probably want the medium), it has fabulous hardware, one thick shoulder strap, a zip top, and it's timeless.

Check out this thread for a plethora of lovely Zoes to see if you like the style.

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-re...e-post-your-coach-zoe-pieces-here-350550.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-reference-library/post-your-carly-pieces-here-156440.html

The medium/regular Carly and Zoe are pretty much identical in size, the differences are mainly the hardware and the shape is a bit different ... both have zip tops though.

ETA: These are both older lines, though there have been some nice MFF Zoes recently that are IMO as good as the originals, so hopefully some available on ebay ... Carlys will be harder to find. Make sure you get any bag authenticated here before you buy.

GL!

Good ideas! I completely forgot about Zoe and Carly! (you would think I would remember those because one of my dogs is named Zoe, and my boyfriend's mom's dog is named Carly! :P) And I agree, definitely get them authenticated here Janye!

yes, right now your my enabler. I seen it, I fell in love, and now I am in need of leather :P

*LOL*! :lol: I apologize for enabling! (TPF is just an enabling website as a whole :P) If you like that style bag, you could search the bay for Sabrina large satchels, and a bunch come up in fun colors! toby11 had some great ideas too with the Zoe and Carly!

GL!

Thanks ! Do you know how long those straps are ? Is it something that would fit comfortably over my shoulder ?

Thanks ! Do you know how long those straps are ? Is it something that would fit comfortably over my shoulder ?

I have two Carlys and two Zoes, and they fit comfortably over my shoulder even with a jacket on (I live in Texas so don't really do big coats, but I think it would still fit). The bags actually slouch in the middle once they're broken in a bit, so that gives you more room and makes the bags look even lovelier.

I have two Carlys and two Zoes, and they fit comfortably over my shoulder even with a jacket on (I live in Texas so don't really do big coats, but I think it would still fit). The bags actually slouch in the middle once they're broken in a bit, so that gives you more room and makes the bags look even lovelier.

I just asked some questions to some sellers on a Carly and a Zoe. Both is some pink color that I love. One did not have a clear pic of the creed. The other I am going to head over to authenticate this and see if it's good. :smile: