HELP! stolen clochette and lock!

May 20, 2010
Hi everyone....
My clochette and lock got stolen from my etoupe hermes bag recently by pickpockets and i´ve been checking out ebay for a good while now but there don´t really seem to be a lot of clochettes available, let alone in etoupe.
the problem is also that i am not the first owner of the bag. I bought it second hand. I do have the receipt and yes is is 100% authentic as i had it authenticated, but i guess since my name is not on the receipt i can´t take it to Hermes.
Does anyone know how i can get a new clochette and lock and also what the price would be plus minus :´(
Thanks in advance for any advice

You should order one from the boutique directly, it doesn't matter if you're the first owner or not. I am not sure about the exact cost but I think someone on TPF said it cost about 300USD.

Unless you bought the bag from your boutique directly, you will need to take your bag to a boutique to place the order. Hermes will generally not place accessory orders without seeing the bag in person, unless you are a very old and established client.

Unless you bought the bag from your boutique directly, you will need to take your bag to a boutique to place the order. Hermes will generally not place accessory orders without seeing the bag in person, unless you are a very old and established client.

Very true... apologise if my post suggested otherwise...:smile:

thank you all so much for the help, phew, feel so relieved. :biggrin:.
For a second there i thought i would not be able to get my hands on a new clochette/lock/keys unless i´d be lucky enough that a pair would pop up on ebay...is´t it weard though that on ebay all the clochettes/locks are around 600/700 usd a set while in store they then are around 300 (more or less)

oh btw do any of you know whether or not i´d have to leave my bag at hermes...i heard something like that once...that they need it to match up the exect color for the clochette....

Yep;) They just want to see the bag to make sure its not a fake:tdown: You will not have to leave it at the store.
I'm sorry it was stolen. If I see them I will call the :police:

Thank you all so much, you really helped me out :smile:

I sort of had it coming that they got stolen....I was warned for pickpockets and did not even think twice when a group or about 10 people came up to me asking if i wanted to sign for children in Poland...Did not even have to write down my name just sign and don´t look around.....dumb dumb dumb of me.
Guess that is what they mean by learning the hard way.
I was happy though that i had my bag completely closed which made it too hard for them to get inside my bag.
phehw :smile:

thanks again! I will go to hermes next week to get my new clochette and lock.

best wishes!