Price increase

^^ I see what you mean. That wasn't very nice of them not to tell you. Plus, they could have possibly made some sales by letting their best customers know of upcoming increase!
SOOOOOOO glad that I purchased my "Bella" a little while ago - am also done. My 'madness' needs to stop anyway.
I was notified, and I do appreciate it. If I hadn't just recently bought my Marcapunto Cabat, I might have been more tempted to make a purchase to beat the price increase. If nothing else, this news makes me glad that I made my Cabat purchases when I did.

I'm done for now, too.
There are a few bags that I have in mind before I am "done," but shopping hasn't been on my mind lately. I have to be in a certain mood to buy, and it's just not happening for me. Plus I think the increases in price are actually turning me off BV at the moment.

I guess this is another sign that the economy is picking up???

I feel set as far as bags go, but I was hoping to get my hands on a Cabat before this happened again :shucks:

I'm on the lookout for a Bottle Marcapunto mini or medium Cabat. If you spot one, please let me know!

Depressing news. I for one will look closer at previously owned bags if there is one I really have to own. Will be in NYC soon and was planning on stopping by the BV store. I will be curious to see if the SA's mention the price increase.

well Jburgh if your orignal SA had to do what they call a charge send
that is where the merch is sent directly to you from another store
they have all your info and that is why it came from another store

Right, but why didn't my SA, the one I have a relationship with, tell me? This is what bugs me a little.

I'll be curious to see if the resale value for BV increases on FeeBay, as more people flock to the used market.

I agree, I think we will see a pick up in the secondary market, and more vigorous buying from the sales at the department stores.

I visited my closet today and looked at my BV. I think I am satisfied for now. The items I am most interested in finding are from several seasons ago anyway.

I don't have a BV SA anymore and that might be a good thing.

SS = my invitation surely got lost in the mail. I do have my hat picked out to wear on Friday. A lovely navy vintage number. lol

Gotta love LVMH!

Hate to sound judgmental, but anyone who rushes to buy, to 'beat the increase', is just encouraging this nonsense.

Prices have to go up, from time to time, of course, but this (especially with the cynical forewarning, every time!) is clearly artificial and just designed to make people part with their money.

Gotta love LVMH!

Hate to sound judgmental, but anyone who rushes to buy, to 'beat the increase', is just encouraging this nonsense.

Prices have to go up, from time to time, of course, but this (especially with the cynical forewarning, every time!) is clearly artificial and just designed to make people part with their money.
chloehandbags- good point.

Literally two days ago I purchased from a BV boutique for the first time. The SA was very patient with me and knew I was trying to decide whether or not to purchase. I did end up getting the bag and as she was ringing me up told me pricing would be going up probably sometime in May/June. I truly appreciated that she didn't use the impending increase as a selling/closing tool to maybe sway my decision to purchase.