*CLOSED* Authenticate This VALENTINO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi dear girls, I MUST authenticate my Portero's bag, because I do not trust them. The bag looks good but so do the fakes I have seen :-s like this one:

http://www.buyahandbags.com/Valentino-Garavani-Maison-Vitello-Leather-Bag-Red.html

I will post batches of pics of various stuff, stitches, zippers which are the most puzzling YKK :confused1:

Please help me figure this one out :heart:

here are stitches on oval handle leather supports, are they sloppy work or OK for valentino?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hi Vesna, This bag is old enough where it wouldn't have a serial number or "made in" label. In fact, no Valentino bags say "Made in Italy" unfortunately :sad:
However, I do believe this bag to be authentic. Another thing to keep in mind is that sometimes websites that sell fake bags post pics of REAL bags, to comfort people, then send out fake ones once a purchase is made.
Let's wait for MGA to confirm, but I think you're good to go. Congrats on your new beauty!!

I take back what I said about the "Made in Italy". It's on all Valentino bags (somehow I forgot! I'm not a morning person, can't you tell?)

Your inside red tag has "Made in Italy" written perpendicular to the Valentino Garavani on the right hand side. It's small, but it's there :biggrin:

I take back what I said about the "Made in Italy". It's on all Valentino bags (somehow I forgot! I'm not a morning person, can't you tell?)

Your inside red tag has "Made in Italy" written perpendicular to the Valentino Garavani on the right hand side. It's small, but it's there :biggrin:

yes yes, Made in Italy is on the inner red label vertical. I saw that. Thanks a lot.

I am still confussed about zippers, and I do remember another girl asking about it too (she saw her bag had YKK zippers) and no one could answer.

I am not a mirning person at all :biggrin:, I ppsted pics at 2:00 a.m.

Hi vesna!

Your bag is authentic. About the zipper pull, old bags specially Maisons may come with riri or ykk zippers. And as LL said, it is old enough to not have a code tag inside the inner pocket. I think your Maison is 2007 (maybe SS-first season). Don't worry about that, my Red Studded Satchel is FW2006 and it doesn't have the code tag either.

Hi vesna!

Your bag is authentic. About the zipper pull, old bags specially Maisons may come with riri or ykk zippers. And as LL said, it is old enough to not have a code tag inside the inner pocket. I think your Maison is 2007 (maybe SS-first season). Don't worry about that, my Red Studded Satchel is FW2006 and it doesn't have the code tag either.

OMG !!!!!!

Thanks you so much, I was breathing heavy last night taking photos until 2:00 a.m figuring out which setting is best for details. I am sooooooooo HAPPY besides it was brand new !!!

girls, this gang is one of a kind :hugs:

Dear Vesna,

Now I am not as much of an expert as LL or Mga, but all details look authentic to me as well. Heavy black even stitching everywhere and the Maison name plates only have one surrounding layer of black stitching instead of two like on many other models. I have older bags 2005-6 that don't have serial #s and came with the canvas bag as well. Congrats!!:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.