new speedy 25... so excited~!

adri

O.G.
Feb 1, 2007
So I just bought my first lv bag... speedy 25 yay!
I was just wondering what you guys do with the keys that came with the lock.
And I was also wondering about the crease on the bag from having been folded for so long.
Will it go away after time or do I need to do something to it?
Andddd haha sorry one more question.
Do any of you guys have any maintaing tips for keeping my new baby looking pretty?
Thanks so much!!!!!!!!
Yay I'm so excited =)

the creases come out as you use the bag. as for the lock, i rarely put it on the bag for fear that it will discolor the hole and make the hole stretch (which it will do over time, if you leave the lock on) and also get caught and possible rip the leaf entirely. to care for it, just be sure not to put any pens in there with out a pencil case or any liquids in it, just to make sure nothing stains or damages the inside.

Does the whole leaf discolor or just the hole?
And does it stretch out enough to be noticeable?
I've only had my bag for a few hours and I'm already anal about the lock on the flap!
But it's too cute that I don't want to take it off!
And also...what exactly is patina and what does it mean?

Enjoy your Speedy! I keep the lock on mine - not worried about any stretching. As mentioned above, the creases will go away with use and some overnight stuffing with rolled up t-shirts. Patina? you can just enjoy and let it do its thing or try some shining monkey spray on the vachetta which may slow down the process somewhat.

I've always kept the lock on mine as well - no stretching or discoloration on either of my Speedys (2 monogram and one Damier) from the lock. I like how it looks much better with the lock on.

Congratulations!

So I just bought my first lv bag... speedy 25 yay!
I was just wondering what you guys do with the keys that came with the lock.
And I was also wondering about the crease on the bag from having been folded for so long.
Will it go away after time or do I need to do something to it?
Andddd haha sorry one more question.
Do any of you guys have any maintaing tips for keeping my new baby looking pretty?
Thanks so much!!!!!!!!
Yay I'm so excited =)

When i bought my mini lin the s/a had them attached to the lock hanging on the bag. I have since removed them from the bag and have the attached inside on the d ring with the keys.
My ellpise had the lock and key attached to the the bag and my speedy 25 had them attached to the bag.